Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronic tuners

I have never used one. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

are they all that? I have a good ear so I have never needed one, I can always pick up tune from just playing a song I know on the cd player for example, and since I picked up the guitar again recently after a long layoff, I still have the ear so have not bought a tuner, which are now cheap where they used to be more expensive when I was playing in the 80's.

what do you guys think? am I missing out, or not?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: electronic tuners

Its probably worth having one but if you can tune fine with no issues at the moment, well, if it aint broke dont fix it! But there could be times where you dont have your CD player etc...

James

Comment

I never used to use a tuner, until I got my little Korg chromatic tuner. Now I use it all the time because it's just so fast and conveniant.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

For gigging, I find it indispensable because I can check my tuning in between tunes without having the audience hear me. I tune up with a Peterson Strobo and use the tuner on my Pod XTL during shows.

Comment

that's what I figured, if I ever play out it would be necessary, but otherwise not. thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

If you ever plan on recording or playing with other musicians I would HIGHLY reccomend it. IMO it looks amature when a band takes the stage and spends 5 minutes tuning to each other.

Comment

agreed, ace, that makes perfect sense.

Comment

I just bought a kick ass little tuner by Planet Waves. I have a really picky ear when it comes to tuning/intonation and I needed something with the little needle thingy to see how close or off I am. I'm cheap too and it was only $20 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                X