Wolf Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Creek

Thinking of visiting Australia? Be sure to check out the Great Aussie Outback while you're here. But make sure you check out this little film first....
    Wolf Creek
    clickety click
    played hookey from work this afternoon to see it with a colleague. Scared the becheeses outta me!
    Hail yesterday

Re: Wolf Creek

(I kinda give away some of the plot here, no major twists but I talk about what happens so if youre interesting in seeing in skip my post)

Haha doesnt do you guys any favours tourism-wise does it?
    I heard about it being super sadistic and Jesus bollocking shite they were right. Im pretty strong stomached but I get sucked into films really easily. I thought the characters were likeable apart from that Aussie twat (nothing personal, he was a tool). And I like the rifle bit towards at the end. Thought that was kinda corny but well done.
    I was hoping it would end after the two girls get free and were driving in the night-time. Oh my god!!!
    See I have this thing about losing limbs or anything like that, it really really frightens me, cos I can imagine it, if you get me. And when she held her hand out and he swiped away.... I was watching through my hands. Seriously.

The film was more of an experience than an enjoyable 2 hours, and by experience I mean ordeal!!!

Although the people I went with werent impressed. They didnt get kinda attached to the characters so they just thought it was rubbish. They were turning to me and saying things like "Are you actualy enjoying this?" and stuff like that.

Thing is, the couple involed in the killing that it was based on (Peter Falconio and Joanne Lees) were from the same kinda area as me (Northern England) and it was on the local news a lot when it happened, and I think there could have been a bit more care taken as to when it was released, as the court case is still on isnt it?

If you liked that, and want to try something in a very similar vein but with more of a traditional horror story feel, check out the French film Switchblade Romance (thats what its called over here, dont know about anywhere else). Thats a really good film. Quite clever and a really good watch. Strongly recommend both these films to horror fans!!!

James

Comment

***Bump***
      The world needs to know about this film!

James

Comment

James, the Falconio/Lees hearings are still going, but I didn't think it was based just on that one case. I believe it was also based on the Ivan Milat backpacker murders case.

I don't really go in for horror flicks much, as most of them seem to be all about how to most creatively dismember the cast for maximum gore & blood. It's more about "holy shit, did you see how that dude bought it?" than any sense of suspense or real terror. I'm not into that. Give me a good suspenseful flick instead. I don't mind being scared, but I don't need to be grossed out for the sake of it.

So I was dragged along to this movie by a workmate. I kinda have a thing about knives and people being cut up too.

I think what made this film so effective is how normal and realistic the people involved seemed. The guy telling the "spooky" story by the campfire and totally ballsing up any sense of suspense, and then the girls mocking him about it? That's real! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So what happens later becomes all the more shocking for it. I don't know that I'll ever watch this movie again, but I'm glad to have seen it. It sure stuck with me - my long drive home on Sunday after spending the weekend with the wife and kids was much more harrowing as a result. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          The car journey home was pretty quiet for me and my mates too.
          I generally only like horror if its new and inventive or gory.
          So many people walked out during the whole teasing/rape bit.
          Worth seeing, although I dont think Ill ever watch it again either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Working...
          X