Headed back to Salisbury again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed back to Salisbury again

I'm heading back to Wiltshire, Salisbury in the UK again around mid December. MID DECEMBER!! its gonna be effin cold that time of year dammit. Why don't they ever send us over there during the "nice" months.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: Headed back to Salisbury again

Aint no nice months here in England
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Hey Mr White, my Dad just sent me a screensaver of pictures of the Scholes/Holmfirth area that he made. I was born in Manchester, but grew up there until I moved to Canada. It brings back a lot of memories, especially of some of the nicer summers when I was a kid. You're right, England is cold and wet a lot of the time, but not always. I remember sometimes it seemed to rain for 2 weeks straight. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I was there in August of last year, and then again in Oct-Nov. August was really nice. Oct wasn't too bad, but Nov was that wet bone chilling kind of cold. You know never got above 40 degrees Farenheight and always a constant drizzle.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

It's damn cool here at the moment, but at least it's dry and clear.....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Bring me back one of them steaks, will ya? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey zeegler, here's some more wallpaper/screen saver for ya. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Buzzard does not fear
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone
              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I don't know where the salisbury steak came from, but that had to be one of the worst interpretations of steak ever thought of. I mean how can you confuse a burger (a BAD burger loaded with diced cooked onions and stuff) with steak??? Had to have been some restaurant somewhere looking to offload its burger supply before it went bad and they thought of a new marketing strategy...."let's call it steak!!!".

Comment

I don't believe they even have those things in England. I don't remember them anyway.

Comment

Nah they dont have them in England (to my knowledge).

Zeegler - Thats fucking ace!!! Im from a small town near Blackburn!!! Its like 40mins from Manchester!!! English weather can be really nice, you can get good summers, and its good cos they're very rarely humid, and theres nearly always a breeze.
                    Thats ace you grew up in Manchester though. You kept the accent? (doubtful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

James

Comment

Nah, I don't have the accent anymore. Most people think I'm American though rather than Canadian. It's probably because I lived in LA for a while before we came to Canada. Although, even though I was 10 years old when we came over, the accent still comes out when I'm drinking, or talking to my parents.

I have great memories of growing up. I guess I have a unique perspective because I have lived in England, Canada, and the US. I feel lucky in that respect. To really understand the English way of life, you have to have grown up there. It's different, but in a good way.

Christ, I really miss good fish and chips!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Haha Im living in the Scotland at the moment and Christ I miss good fish and chips too!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I find my accent really comes out stronger when Im talking to people from my home area like friends or family [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Working...
                        X