Photography Buffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography Buffs?

Any photography people in here? I'm kind of new to this, but im finding it to be really fun. I actually just picked up a Nikon D70s kit, and a 70-300mm Sigma zoom lense as well..

do you guys know of any good sites to check out?

~E

Re: Photography Buffs?

Xenophobe turned me to this website many months ago, and I still refer to it regularly:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

Comment

dpreview.com

Comment

Double Penetration! WTF. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I actually use dpreview and steves digicam alot.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Well you made a great choice in camera's, I own a D-100 with a variety og Nikor lens. Surf around. there are so many good digital photo sites now. Photographic is a great magazine

Comment

Digital shmigital. Real photography buffs still use film.

Comment

Grats on the camera. D70 is a nice Semi-Pro level camera to start off with. I really enjoy mine. I immediately went out and bought a Sigma 12-24mm 4.5 - 5.6 wideangle and a Tamrom 28-75 2.8 with a few filters to go along for the Fiji vacation.

Digital is the fun....

Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

nice pic dude
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have a few digital cameras and I take really bad pictures. Does that count?
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

beautiful pic... how much did the wide angle lense burn ya? the 70-300mm i recently picked up was about 180... hence my ad in the classifieds..

Comment

Nice choice on the camera- I have a D70 and love it. As for sites, check out www.iphotoforum.com. Very good group of folks there, very helpful.

Here are a couple from my D70:

WW2 Memorial, DC-

View from the house-

Bass Harbor Head Light (nearby)-

Comment

MrPoon, those are great shots. Love the memorial one.

Endrik, thanks bro =) We spent every single night down at the pool bar @ Denerau island in fiji for last Christmas and New Years. That was the scene every single night. I envy people down there... They have got some beautical land/sky. Absolutely amazing.

I think the Sigma ran be about 6 or 7 bills. The Tamron ran me about 250. I think. Tamron sometimes gives some great rebates off their site. I just dont have the balls to buy sensitive lenses over the internet. Last lens I need to get is a 70-200, but the one that I want is just too god damn expensive right now. Nikon VR lens runs almost 2K for christ sake.

Probably the most important thing I bagged for outside sky shots is a circular polarized filter. really makes clouds, ocean and sky pop... You can have a lot of fun with ND filters.

ND3 I think

About the only low light shot I have ever taken that turned out ok...

I just seem to have a really hard time hitting are night shots/low light... I need to get a book and read a little more.

-Nate
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Good shots, Nate- low light ones are hard to get. Just be sure to have a quality tripod or put the camera on something solid. The WW2 Memorial shot was taken from the shelf in front, which you can see in the lower right corner. I'll edit it out when I get around to framing. Here's another shot from that night-

I'd like to get back there some night when nobody's around.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

View from the house-

Bass Harbor Head Light (nearby)-

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Jigsaw puzzles! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X