Walk the Line (movie review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk the Line (movie review)

Ok, I was afraid I would hate this movie. As you know I am a huge Johnny Cash fan, and was afraid this would be bad. NOPE!! It was a great movie, very well done. I have to give Joaquin Phoenix credit, he sang the songs better than expected. There were some great moments. It did NOT portray him as the "nice perfect" man..it showed him in a very honest manner. He was an asshole at times...and it shows. This is more a movie of his and Junes love for each other.She had her hands full. It is a movie of his becoming the "Man in Black". I won't give out specific scene info..but a couple of her putting him and other people in their place is great!! You DON'T have to be a Johnny Cash fan to appreciate this movie...I hope you give it a try. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Walk the Line (movie review)

I hear Reese Witherspoon's performance as June is incredible and just screams Oscar.

Comment

thanks for the review; i'm nervously looking forward to it. my only issue with what i've seen so far is that reese is way too good looking to play june carter cash, and johnny wasn't known as a matinee idol, either. that said, the scenes that i've seen so far look really good.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully hit the movie with an open mind..you won't be disappointed. Yes I agree, Reese was not the right pick for June..until..you see them together. She was awesome. Their version of Jackson..will amaze you. And Johnny is NOT portrayed as a matinee idol..It was done first class I think. There is a bit of him, Elvis, Jerry Lee, and June that really gives you an understanding of what the early days were like.

Comment

Cool want to see it-Johnny Cash was one bad mofo-

Comment

Reese Witherspoon is considered one of the "plainer" hotties in Hollywood, may be that's why she got the role. I personally think she's gorgeous, but have read many articles depicting her as plain compared to a lot of the Hollywood beauties. I think she has that in common with June Carter Cash, who I also think was a lovely woman even into her elderly years. Since they went with the actors singing the songs in this one, Reese's real Tennessee accent
            mnay have helped her get the part too.

I don't do that many movies but I think I'll see this one. I am usually the guy dumpster diving in the $5.50 DVD bin at Wal-Mart! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the review. I can't wait to see it.

Comment

Thanks for the review I had a little worry there but it sounds like it is going to be good.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I am usually the guy dumpster diving in the $5.50 DVD bin at Wal-Mart! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No shame in that, Rich - I got Airplane 1 and 2, 1941, Wholly Moses, Doctor Detroit, a 3 Stooges DVD, and a bunch of other great classics from that bin [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Definitely looking forward to it here as well...

Thanks for the review.
                    -Jon G

Comment

i bit down into a big ole roast beef sandwich
                      thick and juicy oh boy was it tasy
                      that roast beef sandwich
                      roast beef sandwich
                      [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Saw it earlier today. It is definetly one of the better movies I've seen (ever). Reese Witherspoon really did an excellent job in her portrayal of JCC.

Comment

FYI:
                          Reese and Joaquin do all their own vocals in the movie. Right on!
                          Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X