Is it just me, or?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me, or?......

Has anyone else listened to the new PeRzoNal WaR mp3 at their site, and decided they are now emulating Nevermore, as opposed to Metallica now?

It's a good track....if Nevermore actually did it. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

http://www.perzonalwar.de

Re: Is it just me, or?......

guess it is just me [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it's nowhere near as technical... there's some odd vocal lines and riffing that would be "simplistic Nevermore", but I wouldn't say they're emulating them now. If they actually do try to do so, they should go back to Metallica. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Baum...I have to agree...they did pull off a better Metallica than they do Nevermore. Also gone is the polished production than on "Faces"...this new one seems a bit muddy to me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah I got the Perzonal war with Victor Smolski from rage on it..sounds like older Meatallica..

If you want Neveremore "rip off"..try Communic on Nuclear Blast..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've heard them Bill...yeah...definitely a Nevermore ripoff!
            The dude even sounds out his phrasing like Warrel!

Comment

So you're saying they're a SHITTY Nevermore ripoff, right? I only have one CD by the real Nevermore - better to get the rest of their stuff than any of this, right?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"So you're saying they're a SHITTY Nevermore ripoff, right? I only have one CD by the real Nevermore - better to get the rest of their stuff than any of this, right? "

definitely [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                so which nevermore CD do you have? i'd recommend (in order of importance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) this godless endeavor, politics of ecstasy, dead heart in a dead world, and dreaming neon black

Comment

Nah...not a "shitty" Nevermore ripoff per-se...just this band that seems to emulate the "flavor of the day". It's been Metallica for many years, and the guy does a real good "Hetfield"...even using James' signature ESP Explorer, but now it seems (according to the individual bios on their site) that they are now heavily into Nevermore, and the newest disc sounds more like a loose interpretation of Nevermore than the Metallica thing they had going on.

I love Nevermore...been following Warrel and company as far back as the Sanctuary debut. Haven't heard all of This Godless Endeavor yet, but like Toejam, my favorite is still DNB.

I even liked the "In Memory" EP...very moody and dark.

Comment

I have Dreaming Neon Black... got it in a pawnshop for $4 after reading Bill say they're the shit. Money's real tight so I don't buy often and can't really download either.
                    I already know it's not considered their best but I still like it. Pretty dark and doomy....
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, I for one think that PW aren't exactly the greatest metalband Germany has to offer right now. You guys may want to check out Symbiontic: www.symbiontic.de - "morbid melodic death metal" is what their shirts say, and it fits pretty well. There's a few samples online and I uploaded one full song here...
                      http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...73A9FZIX2N4W03

Comment

Working...
                      X