Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you ship you guitars?

how do you guys ship guitars?

DHL was suggested by a friend of mine who shipped a bass out not too long ago? anyone ever dealt with them? They seem to be a tad bit cheaper than UPS too.

Thanks guys, shipment goes out tomorrow!

Re: How do you ship you guitars?

USPS unless it's an oversized (RR, Warrior, KV, etc.) case, those go UPS.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ask Splatter...hes a pro at shipping guitars....

Comment

I haven't ever had a problem with UPS but I've seen many guitars that they have ruined so now I use Fed Ex or USPS. Both are good. I haven't ever used DHL but have heard good things.

Comment

Fedex is pretty good, and cheaper than UPS, but be aware that unless the shipper specifies signature service, they will leave it on your doorstep whether you're there or not.
          Also their home delivery people are subcontractors and not Fedex employees. I've also heard good about DHL but not used them.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

hmmm, i think I'll give DHL a shot. i used UPS to ship a Charvel Model 3 once, but I'll give DHL a shot. thanks guys!

Comment

DHL is great with international shipping. They've been doing it longer and have the contract with the Post Office as well.

Only trouble for me is there's no local office I can take something to, which means I have to call them and hope they get here to pick it up when it's convenient for my work schedule.
              Same with FedEx.

There's no way I'm paying $20 extra for the local Pack-N-Ship to do that.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I shipped a bass via DHL. It was quite a bit cheaper and faster than the quotes from both UPS and FedEx. No complaints from me. International shipping with them would probably be good too, I used to get "stuff" from the former Soviet Union no problem.
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Cool.

I think my UPS store has a DHL dropoff just like they do with UPS, so I'm good.

Comment

Fed Ex Ground fully insured for total value. Packed like a MOFO! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

((smartass answer))
                      Packed in a box with a label indicating the destination [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I put a mast in the center of it and send it out on the pond. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Either Fed Ex or DHL.

Comment

Remember, when packing a guitar for shipment...be sure to factor in the possibility that they may in fact run over it with the truck. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have used Fed-Ex without incident. UPS is 4th or 5th option...right behind using a pack mule.

Comment

I recieved my PC1 via DHL and the box didn't have a mark on it. They took real good care of it.
                            UPS likes to throw stuff at my house instead of actualy getting out of the truck. The last guitar I bought was shipped via UPS and the driver literally jumped out of the truck and soft landed it on my door step. I heard it sliding on the sidewalk before he rang the bell.
                            FedEx is not too bad. Never had any issue with them.
                            -Rick

Comment

In country USA I only ship USPS now. I like to know that the folks doing the job are doing it for their career, as opposed to doing it until they get a different job. It's fast, it's professional, and it's cheap. A Soloist in a case packed well is like 25 bucks with 2/3 day arrival. For something bigger though, I go with UPS because I know where it is (I'm still new to my neighborhood).
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X