What do you guys use for recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys use for recording?

Im thinking about getting something to record ideas/demos with. Windows based. What would be a good "starter kit"? I'm not computer illiterate, but I am a guitar player. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Any suggestions would be appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Re: What do you guys use for recording?

Line 6 has some new USB based stuff for guitarists. The UX1 is $129.00 and the UX2 is $199.00. Both have just about every guitar sound under the sun in them and both can be used for recording guitar, bass and vocals. They also include a light version of Ableton and are super easy to use, so you can start recording on your PC or Mac immediately. I've got both units in stock if you're interested, check 'em out and let me know if I can help!

http://www.line6.com/toneport/overview.html

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

CliffClaven....

- good sound card (m-audio 2496, cheap, and high quality, cant go wrong)

- Cubase SX, or SL - allows for anything you need, it's great.

- Amp sims like Guitar rig and Amplitube are great

- DKHS drum samples. Sound great and are easy to set up in Cubase's drum editor.

I personally love the setup, and feel im ONLY limited by my creativity at this point. I run my guitar and bass into Guitar rig via Cubase. Then I play my Midi drums and trigger into CubaseSX and DKHS. I bought a nice m-audio preamp and record any vocals and acoustic work into there. There are tons of great plugins that are affordable or FREE!!!

I can have a full out jam session in my room with a bassist/guitarist/drummer/singer all playing in real time with headphones and every channel processed with compression/reverb/etc.

I really recommend CubaseSX, its not that hard to learn and theres so many plugins and stuff to have fun with!!!

Comment

I actually have been using Adobe Audition. I haven't had any experience with much besides that. But, it does what I want it to do. I can record directly from My PodXT pro via USB and it sounds kick'n enough for me =)

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Audition's great so far. I like the features and the fact that it's pretty much like Cool Edit, which I've used for years.
          There's a few small things I wish it had, mostly in how you select waveforms, but the other features (like being able to use DirectX/CuBase plugins) kinda make up for that.

Soundblaster Live card is just fine - no need for a $150 input box/card.
          Get one with close to 1GB of RAM on it and do your drums in MIDI. There's quite a few high-quality drum soundfonts you can load into it and you can string them together with GuitarPro or any MIDI editor that can do a drum track. Samples/loops are good but usually you're stuck with whatever tonal flaws they have.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

hmm...i would expect cliff claven to be telling us how the ancient egyptians invented the 24 track mixing deck...lol...sorry dude...i had to...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I'm using.

My laptop now dedicated to recording.

Sonar 5 and Cubase SX3

Shure SM57

a 6 channel Mixer

M Audio Audiophile USB Soundcard

M Audio Black Box

My Marshall

with Drumkit from Hell 2 and "Symphonic orchestra gold"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                hmm...i would expect cliff claven to be telling us how the ancient egyptians invented the 24 track mixing deck...lol...sorry dude...i had to...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]No, a there norm, it was the ancient phrygians that invented it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                X