• Bass Shredding

Never knew it was possible.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53&q=bass+solo

Re: Bass Shredding

GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

As much as I respect Billy Sheehan and the talent that he has in one pinky that towers over whatever I have, I still prefer listening to bass lines that groove. But that's just my 2 cents. YMMV.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

ya, but its still impressive to see skills like that implanted on bass, I can't believe he play so consistant and clean like that. esp w/o a pick.

Comment

I basically have everything that Billy has recorded, most of his stuff is very groovy. Not funk groovy but still there are a lot of groove, I wouldn't listen to him otherwise.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'll post a video one of these days that'll smoke that!

I didn't like it then...and I'm still NOT a Sheehan fan now..

that sucked ass! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The BillZBub vs Sheehan bass off!!!! LOL
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

AWSOME IDEA..

LIke Will Ferrell and Jack Black..NOW that was the best!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I say Billy many times live with his 6' rack full off gear. He is the Malmsteen/Vai/Van Halen of the bass.
                  He's like the Batio of bass.

Comment

he's fuckin' unreal. i Love that man.

Comment

I made it through about 20 seconds of it. No denying the guys talent, I just don't dig it.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Jaco is and always will be the king of the bass. However, that still kicks ass.............

Comment

Sheehan is an incredible talent. He and Vai are awesome together. I've seen them together several times even back to the DLR days.

Comment

That is an absolutely impressive display of chops, but after about a minute, I was done. Not just bass, either, I can only take so much of unaccompanied anything.

Comment

He cloaks his SLOP in a wall of distortion.!!! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I play much like Stu Hamm and Jeff Berlin..precise and with Bell-like clean tones..every note counts..and is crystal clear.

and I just don't tap one string at a time..NO..I play my bass like a chapman stick or a piano..all eight fingers are doing something on all four at all times..or I can just hold down a groove.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I can smoke that ass clown on his BEST day..I have a video to proove it ..a bud is tranfering to DVD..so give me another year..that's how long he had it so far.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

It's just my bass solo when I was in my VH tribute , a crappy home video..but you can easily see why I say what I am..

Hey I'm a humble mother fucker when it comes to players that smoke my ass..like Uli/Marino/Gary Moore/Loomis..and yada yada..I blow compared to them! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

when I say someone SUCKS you better bet your last nut on me!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I can replace ANY bassist you know..and learn their lines and then some ..why don't I..because I don't feel like it. I been at it way too long and I just got bored with it..I just got bored with bass..to the point where I hated it..I couldn't get any better, I was already there..I was playing the damn thing like a typewriter all day..on the ground and upsidedown...ahhhh fuggit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ahhh Fuggit..I can say this all day long..it's just words right..yep..these are just words..from some dick called Bill Z bub.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BUT IMO opinion and even Billy's , his crap is pure slop..I have a old video of him and it's all in his right hand...his left is just flailing along..he stated "I play the most ridiculous , stupidest, easiest shit ever..but it sounds like I'm going nuts"....well turn off those damn cloaking devices..like pitch shifters and distortion and BS..then maybe we can HEAR you're solo..or playing [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

You want bass..go to Stu Hamm / Manring or Jeff Berlin..and even Louis Johnson..that's who taught me.. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Tony Levin introduced the Chapman stick to me in '82 [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]..I took that technique and applied it to bass 25 years ago..that's alot of woodsheding.

I even think Les Claypool is a bit sloppy..I don't like his tone..He's OK...he does some things very cool [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Billy can't slap to save his life and his tapping' is retarded...and he cloaks everything with distortion. I have ZERO respect for Billy as a Bass "god"..he's cool as a person..I met him twice.

F him in the A..his playing is lame...he's a one trick pony and requires distortion to do that trick. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X