Bass Shredding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass Shredding

the bass player from my previous band was a huge flea fan. A very groovy player, he could do ALL Flea's tricks. BADASS slap moteherfucker he is. Now he is trying to learn Wooten's style.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Umm..actually they've had the chance..but I'm not allowed tho..

I'll get a divorce and lose the Cobra and Uber..so that Musn't happen.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oteil currently plays with the Allmans. He's a kickass funk/fusion player too.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

oh well, that explains my ignoramous Tim..

The allmans are cool..

I just don't listen to them..

There is a guy in Cleveland called Buzz John's.. he is a freind and has jammed with Victor Wooten MANY times..in fact he was working on something that Victor was on.

When I recorded with attaxe several months ago..Buzz was there..so automatically we just hit it off..he's amazing..he demanded me to show him this tapping thing I do..No prob..I showed it to him and he picked it right up..oops..maybe I shouldn't have done that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Last time I did that they were next to Richie Kotzn in The spotlight column...now ain't that about a bitch.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This is great too:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/bassbattle.html
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Now you are talking MY language BRO!!!

Oh FUCK YEAH!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Now somebody find some live Stu Hamm stuff ..and make me smile like a Catholic schoolgirl with a shiny new dildo.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The guy is a great player no doubt. I admit his bass solo's run a little long winded but that's his bag. He is very capable of "cop a groove" playing and he does that well too. I would have loved to play with a bass player that could harmonize or double arpeggios and lead lines with me then go right back in the pocket.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well Shawn..I'm game..too bad "distance" is not in our favor. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Who's the dude with the shitlocks in xeno's vid?
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I'm not tellin' you...so there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

What about Bunny Bunnel or Geddy Lee? There are a ton of great bass players out there. What about Steve Harris. He was a god for a very long time. Kip Winger?? Flea, Sting, Entwisle, that guy from Greenday.
                        Since I am a lead guitar player, I love solo's. Billy Sheehan does play a wicked bass solo. Most of its dribble but its REALLY technical and hard to play dribble.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'm not tellin' you...so there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I personally think that bass is way harder to play than guitar. Bill if you can play everything with bass then you can play everything with the guitar.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I am going to stop talking for now. I'm going to call my bud. Have him transfer that damn tap to DVD..so John can post it....beware ..it's a "VH tribute"..so MULLET alert...but at least I didn't have rubber pants! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll let THAT do ALL my talking..

There is nothing I can say here that would make me any more "credible"..

I did this on that VH atomik punks tribute thread once a while back...then the nay sayers changed their tune once they heard us..

I'll just do the same here..I'll let my playing do the talking..

because "talk" is cheap..

PS I love you Jimmy..you too E [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

no seriously Bill, you said that a lot of guitar players can kick your ass. Why don't you just play your bass tricks on the guitar so you can kick guitar players ass?

Comment

Working...
                                X