Bass Shredding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass Shredding

Bill, I'll host the movie, but, they'll see the mullet! Maybe just an MP3 bro...

Call Crusty and get his ass on that.

Comment

E I approach Bass and guitar like two different things.

Bass ..I HASTE metal..I love funk/Jazz fusion..crazy stuff..Stu Hamm / Jeff Berlin / Victor Wooten / Mike Manring..

On guitar ..I'm ALL Metal..like a mix between Kerry King / Dime / and Zakk.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You gotta bring that crazy funk shit to your guitar playing. It's cooler then.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No John..let them have Mullet..they'll be way too busy watching my hands in disbelief..and there is a nod to Stu and Billy in my solo..a taunting one..I take Billy's up a notch..because he just uses ONE finger to tap..I use four..to do HIS riff..

it's like watching Vai doing Ed's "On Fire" solo with one hand...why...because he could. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

psh..... i'd like to hear billy play the theme from barney miller. now THAT's a fuckin bass line, boys!
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Bill, actually Billy does 8 finger tapping too and arpeggios.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                because he just uses ONE finger to tap..I use four..to do HIS riff

[/ QUOTE ]

So, it take all four of your fingers to do what he can do with one... Kick ass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  No John..let them have Mullet

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i think you just named your next solo album, right there.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Why has no-one mentioned Alex Webster yet?!?!?!?!
                    The mans a machine on bass!!!! Not to these levels but come on, if youre mentioning the guy from Green Day I think Webster deserves a mention [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Bill Z Bub, here's a Stu Hamm video. It's Stu playing the end of "Love Thing" on Joe Satriani's San Fran video release, and going into other things to show off his skills.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...amp;q=stu+hamm

I've tried to get my brother to learn Stu's rendition to "Love Thing" because I LOVE playing it on guitar and wanna jam with him. Unfortunately, his basses don't have 22 frets and you need at least 22 to play this song to way Stu plays it in this video... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So I've been working on transcribing it for acoustic guitar to practice solo fingerstyle with. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My heart not in that E..

I can adapt some of my bass tapping to guitar..the string spacing is so much closer..not like a four string...with fat strings to really grip on..

On guitar I'm ALL full speed metal..that is where my heart is..

On Bass..I'm a slappin' wood , funk master general..because that's where my heart is..and my tapping is untouchable..I been doing it so long ..well...You'll see. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm 100 times the bassist than guitarist..but like I said..I'm catching up..I'm hungry and firey on guitar...I'm pushing myself to get better and I have Loomis now to thank for that..I may never get where he's at..but he gives me that spark..before it was Ed!

On bass I peaked..I couldn't get any better...I plateaued well beyound my own expectations..and I just got bored..

That didn't happen yet on Guitar...but I'm working on it..that "drive" i had when I was 13 on bass..well I still have that ..on guitar.

I WILL post this clip when I get it...because now I have something to proove..to proove..because I walk the walk.

John saw and played with me just about every weekend..I was the shit ...I'm offered to play bass for everybody here..but my heart is not in it..

Comment

Record something Horns, I wanna hear it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            What about Bunny Bunnel or Geddy Lee? There are a ton of great bass players out there. What about Steve Harris. He was a god for a very long time. Kip Winger?? Flea, Sting, Entwisle, that guy from Greenday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Victor Wooten smokes about everyone on that list, and he's the only bassist I know that actually can do interesting stuff with a bass whammy.

My biggest problem with Sheehan is he sounds like a guitarist playing bass. I like bassists that sound like bassists.

Comment

Oh YES, Thank YOU !! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Stu is my favorite bassist , Victor is my second...we are very similar ..I have pics of me and Stu together..

Now you can't get more simliar in Style than Stu and I...when he came out with his debut in 89 Radio Free Albumeth..I was like son of a bitch!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comparing me or Stu to Billy is like comparing Loomis to the Great Kat...I'm sorry...that's where I stand!

I'm in the know..I can play sheehan stuff , Victor stuff and alot of Stu stuff..including 80% of that video..and Stu is just the shit....it's "musical"..you can just see the music within him..he's got that...Billy is just a spazz..much like ME on guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Billy will bore you in 30 seconds..he's a one trick pony...yes he can play in the pocket...but that "noise" has to go. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

I can listen to Stu play Moonlight Sonata , Linus and Lucy and Beatle songs ALL night, I don't even like The beatles..he plays it like a piano..that's what I'm talking about! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

HEY..who did see that SNL "Bass off" with Jack Black and Will Ferrell"..that shit had me in tears..anyone?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OH Michael..I have..it's on video..you'll see it and hear it..but beware of the Mullet..I don't give a poop..I was drunk , there was a lot of people there and I have panties all over me...Billy sheehan never did a solo with Pantys on his head...I have TAPE! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I was so drunk and John was throwing Ice cubes at me..I thought it was hailing.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X