• Show
Clear All

• Go see "walk the line"

Re: Go see \"walk the line\"

Johnny Cash kicks ass.

Comment

Johnny Cash rules.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I like his attitude.

He was a lovely man..

and he wore Black..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

While I think the timeline jumped around too much, and the writing left something to be desired, the musical performances were amazing. Watching Witherspoon twist/tap her right leg and clap her hands, while Phoenix rolled the guitar behind his back to grab the mic and sing into it, sent chills down my spine. The performances were just as good as the ones in Ray.

Comment

I'm one of the ones that really doesn't get the Johnny Cash thing. I don't like country and I don't like gospel, and he did a lot of both of those. some of his tunes are OK I guess, but this whole Cash mania that is going around everywhere won't be a bandwagon I'm jumping on to.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I remember seeing Johnny Cash on TV in the 70s, so I've always been a fan. Kinda bothers me though that the guy died long before his movie came out...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'm one of the ones that really doesn't get the Johnny Cash thing. I don't like country and I don't like gospel, and he did a lot of both of those. some of his tunes are OK I guess, but this whole Cash mania that is going around everywhere won't be a bandwagon I'm jumping on to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear ya; i was introduced to his tunes via social distortion covers. then when mike put his solo albums out, it helped me embrace that style a bit more.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I remember seeing Johnny Cash on TV in the 70s, so I've always been a fan. Kinda bothers me though that the guy died long before his movie came out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt he die in 2003? Jesus you are impatient [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, but I heard he consulted with them... this film has been in production a long time.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i hear ya; i was introduced to his tunes via social distortion covers.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I can dig coming at it from that angle. I recently saw Garbage here in LA and their "intro" song was one by Cash, sounded OK I guess.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

My dad and mom split up when I was a year old. The only thing I really remember about my dad, is sitting in his lap listening to Johnny Cash records. I got to see my dad until I was 7 we always spent at least one afternoon listening to Johnny, then me and mom moved to Michigan. I never got to see him again before he died. Johnny Cash became my father figure...hell, I know more about him than I do about my dad. I had the pleasure of meeting him (Johnny) a few times, and some of his family. He was always great to me. He remembered me every time. He always brought up something we had talked about on a previous occasion. I was one person in a MILLION who he had probably met, yet he remembered. I can't say we were really "friends". But I can say he meant the world to me, and he always will. I miss him every day. But, if you want to see a great movie, you don't have to be a JC fan to appreciate "Walk the Line".

Comment

Yup, Johnny was a hell of a musician and a writer. While I am rooted in metal, I listen to a lot of country: Conway Twitty, Travis Tritt, George Jones, David Allen Coe, Alabama, Kenny Rogers,Garth Brooks, etc. My grandparents had me alot when I was a child and thats what they listened to.-Lou
                          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I hate country music, but this movie was great. The performance scenes were great and It was very interesting, especially checking out all the old guitars and amps. It sorta followed the whole "Ray" formula movie wise but I found it more entertaining than "Ray". Good movie.

Comment

i saw it on sunday, i'm not a country fan at all i'm pure metal head but i really liked it. it was well done and very cool. Johny Cash is awesome i have so much respect for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X