Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One stop parts shopping?

Ok, I'm on my last nerve here. I need the following:
    2 gold dome knobs (knurled metal, allen screws, solid tops, not the inlaid tops)
    2 250K pots (CTS or Switchcraft)
    1 1/4" mono jack
    1 gold football jack plate (sidemount, not the RR/Strat thing - preferably Switchcraft)
    2 gold 3-way Gibson-style toggle switches (preferably Switchcraft)

Of course with all the washers/nuts/screws to mount them.

Easy enough to find online right? Wrong!
    The problem? Everyone's got "everything but one" of what I need, and I'd really like for it all to arrive at the same time and NOT make this place look like Grand Central Station or Santa's Workshop with 90 deliveries a day as parts trickle in from various sources.

StewMac has everything but the gold toggle.
    GuitarParts Depot has everything but the gold toggle.
    Found a few places on Ebay that have gold 3-way switches, but either no jacks, no plates, no pots, or no knobs [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

What I gotta do, get my own parts dealership? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: One stop parts shopping?

Guitar Jones has a fairly complete selection.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

My advice..don't sweat the little shit. I've found it hard to "one stop shop" these days also. Take your time, find what you want, buy it, then wait for a couple of days for it to come. I think you are suffering from "click and now " disease. Step back and take a breath. Now that I've said my .02...you and everybody can take it and run in a piss fest like every other post... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      The Buzzard does not fear
      The man in riot gear
      Harvest a skull of stone
      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

so ya have two shipments. that's a problem? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Newc - doesn't Warmoth carry all of that?
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

This place seems to have everything on your list.

Guitarpartsresource

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Newc - doesn't Warmoth carry all of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No PayPal - Strike One
              No online payment options - Strike Two
              Steadfast refusal to "get with the times" regarding #1 and #2 - Strike Three - You're OUT!

And that shoudla said "one 1/4" jack - preferably Switchcraft", not the jack plate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the GPR link. I was looking through their EBay store, but they were one that had "everything but...". Didn't know they had a real site [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Only thing they don't seem to have is a short Switchcraft toggle in gold [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Ok, went through both GPR and GuitarJones. Guitar Jones is about $30 cheaper than GPR, but 'Jones doesn't have a gold 3-way toggle with a gold cap. They don't even have gold caps available separately like GPR does.

Plus GPR has Sprague Orange Drop capacitors, CTS pots, and Switchcraft switches and jacks. Both have generic push/push pots, but 'Jones makes you select a wiring option (on/off, tap, series/parallel, determined by a small PCB), whereas GPR lets you do it yourself.

So for $30 extra I get Switchcraft and CTS quality? Looks like I'll be going with Guitar Parts Resource.

Comment

Working...
                X