Shipping to Canada via UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping to Canada via UPS

How exactly do I ship a package via UPS ground to Canada from Connecticut? My company has a corporate UPS account with regular daily delivery and pickup.
    My shipping department is telling me I need invoices and paperwork. The last time I used UPS I got a $50.00 duties bill around 1 month later. I know with USPS all I have to do is drop it off and pay them. Thanks!! John G

Re: Shipping to Canada via UPS

John - USPS is much easier for anything international, including Canada. As I recall, UPS will charge duties to you and the recipient, plus their fees are much higher than USPS. You just have to watch out for size restrictions.

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete. I am going to take the package over to the USPS drop off today. Thanks! John G

Comment

So.. all I have to do is take the guitar to the USPS and pay for shipping it? There are no other fees? There website states that duties and taxes etc... may apply.
        Whats up with this??

Comment

They aren't your problem. The receiver is responsible for any import taxes. You have to complete a cutoms declaration - that's it. It is just a description of the item being shipped and its value.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah, its my problem. Got a problem with that?...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, its my problem. Got a problem with that?...........

[/ QUOTE ]
              No bro I don't. Not at all. I just didn't want you to be surprised by a fee that you might not be aware of. Obviously you are and thats cool with me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              This sucka's shipping today. So there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

JG, I bet that was his attempt at humor. He's from the deep end of the country where levity is a crime. Make a math joke and you will see him smile. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I knew it was a joke.
                  I shipped it. What a pain in the ass.
                  It was $24.00 for ground uninsured and it takes 4-6 weeks estimated for delivery.
                  It was $44.75 to ship it Air Parcel Post insured to the max and is a 3-5 day delivery.
                  I went for the $44.75 AIN'T I GREAT!!!!
                  That sucks considering how close Ontario is from Connecticut. Anyway... its gone baby.

Comment

Working...
                  X