the best western movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the best western movie...

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Frankie. Happy birthday to you." Lee Marvin. What a guy. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I also really love "True Grit" - So many funny lines:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0065126/quotes
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I also really love "True Grit" - So many funny lines:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0065126/quotes

[/ QUOTE ] Here's the deal. A western has it all. Drayma: love: conflict: horses, for the girls,: guns for the boys; great scenery and just a good time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Oh, I almost forgot the music. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          where some guy punched the horse and knocks it out. .

[/ QUOTE ] That was "Blazzing Saddles". Fuk. I forgot the football players name. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I got it!!!!. Alex Karis. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Outlaw Josie Wales(sp?).
            Open Range. <--- Not too bad for a costner movie. Lots of people died. I liked it alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 on Open Range. If you have not seen it, definitely rent it.

Lots of great classics mentioned here but High Plains Drifter is my favorite Clint one. If you've only seen it on TV, then you haven't really seen it. Get the uncut version and you get some nice gory scenes + the very controversial uncut scene where he's basically raping that chick in the barn until she starts enjoying it. No, you will not ever see this scene on TV...ever.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

When was the last time you saw the real movie on TV? Cut to shyte. Edited for content; time alotted; swear words; violence; non-pc words. And then, the 20 minutes per hour of commercials.

Comment

Saving Private Ryan?

Anyway, I completely agree with what you say. The point I'm making is that most people's experiences with Clint's spaghetti westerns were on TV, and they come on often enough that it's not someone's first choice to rent when they're at the video store so most people haven't seen his spaghetti westerns in their full glory.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  where some guy punched the horse and knocks it out. .

[/ QUOTE ] That was "Blazzing Saddles". Fuk. I forgot the football players name. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I got it!!!!. Alex Karis. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Its comeing back to me slowly. In Cat the horse was drunk.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Saving Private Ryan?

Anyway, I completely agree with what you say. The point I'm making is that most people's experiences with Clint's spaghetti westerns were on TV, and they come on often enough that it's not someone's first choice to rent when they're at the video store so most people haven't seen his spaghetti westerns in their full glory.

[/ QUOTE ] They do not know what they are missing. Have you seen the original "Fast Times at Rigdemont High" ? Or the original "Animal House"? They are sooooo much better. And that goes for the '70's and '80's westerns. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

a few more to think of "the cowboys"... "maverick"... "young guns I & II" [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        a few more to think of "the cowboys"... "maverick"... "young guns I & II" [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] "Cowboys" was great. Made me cry. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hard to say but, it's definitely a Clint movie. Maybe Unforgiven... that movie kicks ass! His spaghetti western trilogy is awesome.. The Good the Bad and the Ugly, For a Few Dollars More, and Fist Full of Dollars. I can watch those movies over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                          X