• Show
Clear All

Re: Forum etiquette: Thanking others for their rep

[ QUOTE ]
    Men should NOT wear cologne.
    Ick. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
    Just take a shower. That works! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have several sorts of perfume and cologne... Jean-Paul Gaultier, Armani, Hugo Boss,... I usually have the same in aftershave version too.

The $$$ stuff, it attracts the ladies like flies. And it's fun to smell a bit 'special' when going out.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Your nose remembers scents. I'll bet you remember a girl that had the right parfume that just set you off. You may forget the face, but you won't forget the au de smell. I like to splash the men's stuff on. English Leather is good, but Bay Rum is better. All they are saying is," Catch a wiff of me and you will remember." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It helps when you are 6'6": blond with a red beard and self-effacing. That's me!!!! Now, where are the girls? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Exactly.

Smell is incredibly important, especially to women.

Comment

Yup, I'd like to think that women appreciate men who pay attention to details like that, and it's classy. A subtle scent is part of that. And I love the way they make me feel when I'm wearing certain ones.

Plus, smells are a very animalistic deeply-rooted biological thing.

Currently, my fragrance wardrobe consists of a mixed bag of samples, miniatures, decants, and full bottles (in alphabetical order by fragrance house):

-Alfred Sung Sung Homme --- Soapy, citrusy, woody... and a major sillage monster. I was seduced the first time I wore it, and it can be had for cheap. I'm gonna look for a full bottle on Ebay when I finish using my decant.

-Aramis Aramis Life --- Clean and unoffensive... kind of "meh, smells kinda like everything else" to me. Andre Agassi's scent, apparently.

-Azzaro Pour Homme --- My "gentlemanly" scent and a respectable classic. Currently looking for a full bottle.

-Azzaro Visit --- Spicy and peppery. Cuts through like guitar midrange.

-Burberry Brit For Men --- A nice oriental that smells like gingerbread and will be my Christmas scent. A unique scent in 2004 amongst a sea of mediocre fragrances.

-Chanel Antaeus --- Classic powerful and sexy 80s powerhouse.

-Chanel Egoiste --- Warm oriental, very distinct and very sexy while still being classy.

-Chanel Platinum Egoiste --- Can you tell I love the Chanel design house? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Shares nothing in common with regular Egoiste and is sharp, woody, green, and very sexy and probably aimed at the 20s age group. I've currently got a full bottle coming my way in the mail and this got me started on my fragrance craze a few months ago. Some can't stand the initial lavender topnote blast but I love it... it's bold. I think it's one of my most versatile scents, suitable for daywear, eveningwear, and for going out.

-Creed Chèvrefeuille Original --- Yes, the fragrance house that creates juices for British royals and celebrities and the niche market. I've only worn this one once, so I don't have any opinions on it yet.

-Creed Green Irish Tweed --- Cary Grant designed this one and it has become the most popular Creed and worn by many celebrities and even Prince Charles. I'm currently looking for more Creeds... their stuff just screams ultra-high-quality. Don't get confused with Davidoff Cool Water...

-Dana Monsieur Musk --- One of my cheap drugstore scents that is surprisingly nice. I got a 125mL bottle of it for free ages ago... no complaints! Incredible longevity on this one.

-Davidoff Cool Water --- Considered a ripoff of Creed GIT by the snobs, and considered a classic (but somewhat overabundant) babe magnet by those who are looking for a quick fix. If you can't tell the difference between Creed GIT and Davidoff CW, then get the CW because it's cheaper. It's one of the most popular male fragrances today, alongside Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio, Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, etc.

-Davidoff Cool Water Deep --- Spicier, less fruity version of Davidoff Cool Water. When my miniature runs out, I probably won't be buying a full bottle.

-Faberge Brut --- The cheap drugstore scent from 1964 has a place in my heart since it was the first fragrance I owned when my parents gave me a Brut giftset back in Christmas 1997 or so. I wear it for nostalgia. It smells incredibly manly... almost MACHO manly. No surprise that Ahhhhhnold Schwarzenegger loves this one. It's apparently gone through a few changes since its inception so I can never tell which version exactly that I have... but if you're looking for a modern version of Brut, try Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I'm currently bidding on a Rive Gauche on Ebay...

-Gucci Envy For Men --- Woody, very sexy, and very masculine. One of my current favorites because of how warm, bold, and powerful it is. This is my Seymour Duncan Invader of my fragrance wardrobe.

-Gucci Nobile --- I had high expectations for this ultra-green scent because apparently the girls like it. I think I bought a weak decant because I couldn't really smell it when I tried it out for the first time. I'll give it another chance...

-Nicole Miller For Men --- Discontinued and getting expensive like a San Dimas Charvel, which is a shame because it's rather unique with its leather and orange notes. Mmmmm... orange...

-Thierry Mugler A*Men --- Classified as a gourmand, which means its notes are "edible". Smells like chocolate and coffee. Most people have a love/hate relationship with it. It's definitely different and not for the weak. Try before you buy!

-Thierry Mugler B*Men --- Shouldn't be compared to A*Men. It's different. I personally think it's a little more "me" and my style but I've only tested it once so I need to wear it again.

-Vera Wang For Men --- Strange that the famous women's dress designer made a fragrance for MEN last year. Because of the name, it's gonna have a price. Try before you buy... it may work for you. I need to test it out a little more...

Is this starting to look like Bill Z Bub's metal list, except for fragrances? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've tried a whole bunch more that I haven't even written about here... it would take me forever to write it all up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, that's a bit 'over the top' there Alex. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Not compared to a guy on the forum that has over 450 bottles, 100mL size... HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] And a lot of it is niche high-end stuff that normal people don't hear about, kind of like the fragrance equivalent of Warrior, Anderson, and Suhr guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

It's such a guilty pleasure, like picking your nose, sleeping in, and eating a great homecooked meal. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to do those all at once [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You know, I always learn new & useful info when I check out the non-JC section. Today, I learned that there is a good possibility that the men hanging out in cosmetics forums are prone to being a little more sensitive than the average joe. Go figure! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    You know, I always learn new & useful info when I check out the non-JC section. Today, I learned that there is a good possibility that the men hanging out in cosmetics forums are prone to being a little more sensitive than the average joe. Go figure! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] No they are just smart. Hot chick says, "Oh, I don't know what to buy for my boy friend." He says," I think "RHATT URAN" smells wonderful." He picks her up and off he goes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Now I sound like that Alanis Morissette song... Thank you India, Thank you terror, Thank you disillusionment, Thank you frailty, Thank you consequence, Thank you thank you silence!

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a used copy of Jagged Little Pill at EB Games, and they accidentally put that album in the case instead. I thanked them going back and throwing it at them. Hard. Then I wept, like Jesus did in that one really short verse.

Pricks. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

OMGlolzKthx!!1!

XOXOXO

-Joe

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

best forum etiquette thread EVER!
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Got my full bottle today. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Am I crazy, or does it say "IRAQ" below the mirror-imaged "CHANEL"? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm a met-ero... met-ero... met-ero SEXUAL MAAAAAAAAN!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Years ago when I went to basketball practice, there was this huge-fat funny guy who said that he NEVER washes his penis. He told how big pussys are guys who take care of their PP. He said that women love when his dick smells like a rotten fish, they know he is a REAL man not a mommy's boy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No mommy ain't touchin' my PP. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Why did the guy even bother washing the rest of himself? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X