Im sooooo bummed!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sooooo bummed!!!!!

Today has been a day from hell....but, on a good note, this isnt a "venting" thread...more of a I just gotta let all this out thread.

Okay, here goes...

Two days ago, one of our oldest salespeople lost the love of his life. Jeff is in his mid to late 60s and his wife Cindy was the center of his world. She has been a diabetic all her life, and was unable to have children. She did home daycare until the diabetes took over and she couldnt do it anymore. Children of all ages loved her and referred to her as "aunt Cindy". Anyway, to make a very long story kinda short...she has been in the hospital for several months now, infection in the shunt site...complications with the diabetes....going through diaylsis 3 days a week....facing the fact that she may lose a leg completely. But everyday, Jeff would be at work around 730 with a smile on his face. He would go to the hospital every morning before work, during his lunch hour, and after work every day. He never bitched or complained about the inconvenience of it all, just looked forward to the day that he could bring Miss Cindy home again. He said over the weekend that she was doing much much better and even though she wouldnt be home for Thanksgiving....he would have her home on Friday. Unfortunately, she took a terrible turn for the worse and caught pneumonia, and her blood pressure dropped extremely low....and during dialysis, it dropped again and never came back to where it belonged. Again, to try and make this short...Miss Cindy passed Monday morning at 715. Jeffy was with her holding her hand as she went. Im sitting here in tears now but I had to get this out..sorry guys...

He was holding her hand telling her to go, it was for the best. We got the call at work around 8 with the news and everyone on the sales floor was devastated. He was our "grandpa Jethro"...the man that could face anything, but now he was a complete basketcase without Cindy. We took up a collection at work for him since he could not get any life insurance on her due to her medical condition, and did not have the cash for the funerel and all. Within a matter of hours, we managed to collect nearly $1600 for him (keep in mind we are around 20 employees tops) with the bosses kicking in 200 each.

I spoke with him today and asked how he was doing and if there was anything any of us could do. He simply replied "no, not unless you have a couple of thousand dollars laying around you dont need". That did me in, I burst into tears, and he did the same. I called him back awhile after that and he boss talked to him and told him to take his time coming back to work, his job was there when he was ready for it. I called him back a third time to invite him to dinner with the bosses family tomorrow, but thankfully he has his and Miss Cindys family together to remember her over dinner. I told him if he could, to swing by the dealership Friday that Ski (the boss) wanted to talk to him. I didnt tell him that we had a big chunk of money waiting on him...I cant wait to see his face and to tell him I love him again...and give him a big hug. This is one man that built his world around his wife and showed her undying love every minute of every day. I wish I could have done more than 50 bucks and a flower arrangement, I wish I could have whipped out the 2000 and say here Jeffy...do what you need to do, and leave it at that...

Okay, Im done....I gotta go cry some more....

Thanks for letting me get this out...

Mrs LPC

Re: Im sooooo bummed!!!!!

Man, that is a horrible tragedy for him... To be blessed with someone and lose them is unimaginable. That poor man...

I'm welling up with tears for him reading through that.

Blessed be...

Comment

IT will be extremely hard when he comes by Friday, but I cant wait to see his eyes when we hand him the check.. I think I am going to take him some food over Friday night, and then head to the viewing Saturday...now thats gonna be hard to do!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

Sorry to hear this Krista. It is nice that he has family and friends like you to help him through this rough time. That can make all the difference in the world during trying times.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

man, that's tough. To lose someone is hard enough, but to lose someone who has been the centre of your world for so long.... I can't imagine what he's must be going through. Glad to hear he has such great support from both families, and from you at work too, Krista.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Her death doesnt bother me as much as knowing that he cant afford to bury her.

He works on commission and being out of work, means no sales, means no money....

Im just worried to death about him....hes said over and over that once Cindy was gone that he had nothing else to live for....

Mrs LPC

Comment

i hope he doesn't fall into "broken hearted syndrome", where his heart may shut down, from the grief...

how sad, indeed. i don't have words to express myself...

Comment

Im afraid hes gonna die of a broken heart...

and to add to his suffering, he was just getting over his mothers death a few months ago....

Mrs LPC

Comment

I'd like to say something nice and comforting but..
                  F@ck!! Why do bad things happen to good people.
                  While the world fills with inhuman scum, the best are taken.
                  The only justification I can fathom is that God sees the
                  best in some, and decides to call them to his side.
                  And I truly believe that one can die of a broken heart.
                  The Buzzard does not fear
                  The man in riot gear
                  Harvest a skull of stone
                  The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that Krista. To lose your soulmate, I can't even imagine how distraught Jeff is. Y'all will be in my prayers, I know everyone at work has to be as torn up as you are. Of course Cindy and Jeff will especially be in my prayers. Let Jeff know y'all love him and just be there for him as much as you can. Y'all are part of his family too and that can help.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That's terrible..
                      My wife if so much apart of me ..we been together for 20 years . I almost lost her in the hosptial, she was in there for six months...I was going nuts.

He lost a big part of him..that's aweful, and right during the holidays..now they will always be hard for him..

Truly sad man..he has my empathy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Bill
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

wow. I am truly heartbroken about this. I would be completely lost without my wife. I cannot even wrap mind my around somthing like this happening. He is a lucky man to have the support system you have given him. Please let us know how he is next time you see him and let him know many of us are praying for him.

Comment

I sure feel for him. I almost lost James 6 years ago to a stroke. I was terrified. I can't imagine losing him, it was the scariest feeling in the world. What he is going through has to be awful. I'm glad you guys could help financially. Just a sad story. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
                          X