question about Slippery When Wet album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about Slippery When Wet album

Does anyone knows if Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet vinyl with the original cover was released somewhere?

The original cover was banned, but some cd-s were still with that cover, I know that in Japan they weren't banned.
    But were there any vinyls with that cover, does anyone owns them or does anyone knows where to get 'em? I haven't seen them on the fleaby yet.

This is the original cover http://www.sleazeroxx.com/censored/slippery1.jpg

I started collecting rare and cool 80's vinyls, this is one of the things I really want [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks!
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: question about Slippery When Wet album

that was censored? i've seen that many times i had no idea.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I believe the original cover had girls washing a car....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The original cover had just a girl with the "Slippery When Wet" logo on a ripped up t-shirt and she had been doused with water herself.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

yeah Tekky is right, the link I posted...this is the original one.
          The girls washing a car pic was inside.

They changed the original cover for this lame ass one http://www.sleazeroxx.com/censored/slippery2.jpg

You can read some "interesting" comments about that here: http://www.sleazeroxx.com/censored/slippery.shtml
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

the original was pic was ok (not banned) it was the pink border that "jon" was unhappy with [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but the label said no to a reshoot at first since it had already been released. Then the label said he had like 12 hours or something like that to come up with something else, so he took a plastic trash bag, a spray bottle and wrote "slippery when wet" snapped a pic and said this is what we want. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
            X