Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question. Anyone here had a brain tumor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question. Anyone here had a brain tumor?

This is kind of a tough question to ask, but I need some advice, and I figured I would just put it out there.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Serious question. Anyone here had a brain tumor?

Zeegs, my mother and her sister both had brain tumors. My aunt's was cancerous and operable - my mom's is non cancerous and inoperable. But, she is 57 and has Alzheimers, so either way she is f*@ked.

My aunt has survived the brain surgery, gamma knife therapy and numerous courses of chemo and radiation. It exhibited itself as a dreadful pain in her shoulder and a weirdo twisting of her tongue. It actually turned her tongue just a bit. She had been diagnosed, incorrectly, as having many different illnesses of the nervous system until the cancer was found.

Prior to diagnosis her ability to walk, talk, remember recent events and even smell was severly limited. After the surgery and primarily as a result of the gamma knife procedure, she is now fine as ever.

My mothers tumor showed itself as what her Dr's thought were epilieptic seizures for a period of over a year. She would slur her speech and have trouble reading and writing and then throw a twister. Due to the location of the tumor it can't be removed. It is benign anyway and the Alzheimers is much more serious and going to kill her first. So, we treat her for that and enjoy the good days.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but you did ask. What gives man - are you alright? I certainly hope so.

PS - If you need more info let me know. My aunt has become quite the encyclopedia on this stuff. If you need any info pertaining to ballsack cancer or Hodgkins - let me know. I hope to dear Grover Jackson that you don't, however. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Re: Serious question. Anyone here had a brain tumo

I hope you're alright dude. A former co-worker of mine had a brain tumor removed recently. Apparently it exhibited itself as severe headaches, blurry vision and frequent dizzy episodes. I don't know the whole rundown on how it was diagnosed though. It's kinda sad because he was a great vigorous guy when I worked with him.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I'm not the least bit worried about the old ballsack right now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's the dilly:

About 3-4 weeks ago, I started to experience what I like to call "vibrating eyeballs". I'll be reading a book, or watching TV or whatever, just relaxing, and for a second or so, my eyes will lose focus, and feel like they are vibrating. I would say it has happened a couple dozen times in total.

2 weeks ago, my left eyelid started to twitch. At first, I figured it would go away in a few minutes like it always has before. Well here I am 2 weeks later with my eyelid twitching away. It hasn't been doing it non-stop, but it does it about 60% of the time.

Yesterday, I woke up with a headache. Not so unusual, except it's kind of unusual. It's a dull aching located behind my left eye. It subsided to what is now a "fuzzy feeling", accompanied by substantial pressure .

I have been having a really hard time concentrating lately, and find myself frequently at a loss for words while having a conversation. I used to pride myself on my vocabulary, but frequently feel embarassed lately and feel like a babbling idiot.

I am not a hypochondriac, but after the weird headache started, I did some research on the internet, and found that all of the above symptoms could be due to brain tumors among other things.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and my sister in law is an MRI tech, so I'm going to go in for a scan ASAP, if for no other reason than to put my mind at rest.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Please don't get all worked up searching the internet, it's like reading the side effects on a medicine bottle. Ya start feeling them all.......Please just let us know what the doctor says and don't be afraid to get a second opinion as this is nothing to screw with. Our thoughts are with you bro, [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dude I am praying for you. Hopefully it is nothing, maybe just a bad case of stress.
            Take care and let us know.
            Please.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Hey Zeeg,you might want to start with a eye exam.One of my old bosses started having similar symptoms you have.The eye doctor felt that he may have an anuersym.Sent him to the emergency room and sure enough he did.They did surgery that night.Get it checked out...........................
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

geez, zeegs, I hope everything goes well for you at the docs. Hopefully whatever's bothering you is not serious and easily rectified.

And like Dave said, a bit of internet research can be a bad thing. You'll get yourself all worked up, creating the worst possible scenario for your symptoms. Apparently first year med students are notorious for coming down with all kinds of exotic illnesses.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

May just be stress. Like Steeler said. If you have insurance get it checked out. Even if you don't, get it checked. I had a minor stroke last year. But with no insurance and the fact that I hate doctors I just waited a year and how I'm fine. Before you go through all the MD shit, take note when this happens. Does it happen when you are rocking on the 'tar? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I am hopeful that it is nothing. I have indeed been under a lot of stress, and I assume that is the most likely cause. I will know soon enough.

Comment

maybe you have distimatism? (sp) where your eyes start shaking badly and they other things are just random? If I read books, it feels like my eyes are shaking and I have to blink, then it happens again. Needless to say, I don't read books anymore [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Whatever it is I think you found it out really quick!

I think it's something about tiring your eyes a bit much. Maybe going to bed late, and using the computer too much?
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Whatever is going on, getting to the doc ASAP is the right thing to do. Your descriptions of symptoms are very detailed and that detail should help the docs nail it down fast. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a benign problem and quick recovery!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

+1

Hoping for the best!

Comment

Good luck! Make sure to get a proper MRI scan (with contrast). Afaik, normal CT-scans do not pick up all tumors.

Comment

Working...
                              X