T.S.O. This afternoon!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T.S.O. This afternoon!!!

It's hard to figure out which album they're doing first... the new Savatage or TSO. Angus hasn't mentioned any recording sessions with them, so I'm guessing that they're focusing on Savatage first.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Re: T.S.O. SOME SPOILERS!!!!

<font color="aqua">Don't read this if you don't want to know about some of the surprises!!!

First let me say that I had never seen TSO before and I can't believe I hadn't. They were incredible and it had to be the best 3 hour show I'd ever seen. No, I'm not kidding. So much talent and in so many diverse areas, it was a feast for the senses.

They played the whole "christmas eve and other stories" in the first half and went on with a lot of "cool extras" as well as some of the new stuff in the second half. Just before the second half, Chris Caffery came out with a Hershey Bears Sweater (jersey) and introduced the complete band, vocalists and even the local orchestra. He also talked with the crowd for about 10 mins about traveling with the show, growing up etc...he can definitely get the crowd going, that's for sure.

Chris used a few different Rhoads including a nice white with pins with the les paul layout but no "Santa" Rhoads (???). He also played a beautiful triple pickup Les Paul and even came out with a Cherry sunburst Peavey Rotor. Alex Skolnick played his Gibson and Heritage Les Pauls and came out with a gorgeous white Gibson SG doubleneck when they bursted into "Rock-n-Roll" from Zeppelin in the second half. They did do a "chant" type song which was actually pretty entertaining. It didn't seem out of place at all because there were so many different types of music being done that night. It's more like "theater" to be quite honest.

The effects were unfriggin real. Between the lasers, pyro, and some other "special effects" I won't mention, as not to ruin some surprises. At one point in the second half, Mark Wood comes out with his glowing violin and bow and gives the crowd an amazing show with his speed and talent as well as one of the new vocalists, Jennifer Cella, has quite the set of lungs and can sing pretty well too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Needless to say, Jay Pierce as well as all the vocalists were DEAD ON and were nothing short of amazing.

Seriously, you HAVE to see this show. I had no idea what to expect and I have absolutely nothing bad to say......nothing...I was in awe..... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        It's hard to figure out which album they're doing first... the new Savatage or TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know the new TSO CD is already done and will be released in spring. Title is "Nightcastle" or something like that.

Comment

What Budman said. The show is kickass. Skolnick is a bad mutha on the guitar and a pretty good singer too. My wife and I had 4th row tix dead center so we had a great view all night. Off to my right in the neighboring section was none other than the legend himself: Jack the Riffer and his wife. Nice to meet ya Missus Riffer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Great show, I also usually go, however I can't afford the $50 bucks this time around (boo hoo) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

1 Word For tonights Show

SWEET

Al Was fucking awsome, and Angus was shredding all night, best show of them I've seen. The whole group just performed 110%.

Al played a white and a Black Lp and a black strat

Angus played a White RR5, a Red RR1, and a white Strat

During wish list Angus and the Violenist walked around the whole arena and I think My mom got some decent shots of Him

I only wish they would crank the Volume a Little
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Donnie, I'd love to get those pictures if possible. I'll put them on the site and credit your mom for them.

** this goes for anyone else who got pictures of Angus.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'll be seeing them twice this year. First will be on December 10th when the East Coast group comes here to Chicago. Then on the eve of Christmas Eve, we'll be traveling to St Louis to see the West Coast group and hang with Angus for a little bit. We can't wait!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tekky, give us a call, we can hook up for a drink or sumpin.... I will shoot you our ph #.... You and Mrs. Tekky are welcome in our home anytime. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Adrian
                  All hail the 'King'
                  R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
                  X