Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hmmm.... physics question for you guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: hmmm.... physics question for you guys....

If I stand naked on a treadmill and walk backwards while masturbating, how far will I be able to shoot... oh, never mind.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Was just playing along, in all honesty, I said to delete my account if I was wrong, well, because I KNEW I wasnt wrong, so no deleting would have ever taken place... but in all seriousness, this was a great thread. It had all the elements of a good debate without getting personal or anything like that. I dont see any reason to lock this. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        If I stand naked on a treadmill and walk backwards while masturbating, how far will I be able to shoot... oh, never mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, I suspect you already know the answer to your question. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well? How far? Wanna start our own thread?
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

How bout we stop with the cop-outs like deleting accounts and asking the Admins to lock the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
              It's not a cop-out... it's about saving some relationships.
              The posts are getting a bit out of hand and it's obvious that nobody can prove it either way.
              Unless you can build the proposed conveyor runway and actualy do it, the topic is pointless.
              Hence my Mythbusters proposal. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I'm no physics major and have no opinion either way.
              I do understand the difference between indicated airspeed and groundspeed. I understand how lift is generated and the physics involved in achieving flight.
              There is currently no physical way to prove or disprove the question.
              The article posted offered some insight into the question, but still did not provide actual proof one way or the other.
              It was all based on hypothetical conditions.
              To that end, the question is moot as it cannot be tested in a real world demonstration.
              The majority say yes, the plane will achieve flight.
              I don't know if it will or won't.
              But I would sure love to see someone try and prove it either way.
              -Rick

Comment

Ok, how about we go back to the beginning:

How big is the conveyor in each person's rationale?
                The conveyor in my perspective is as long as the plane from nose to tail.
                Who sees the conveyor as being as long and wide as a real runway, and who sees it as being only as long as the plane?

"Long" or "short"?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

size matters not.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ok, how about we go back to the beginning:

How big is the conveyor in each person's rationale?
                    The conveyor in my perspective is as long as the plane from nose to tail.
                    Who sees the conveyor as being as long and wide as a real runway, and who sees it as being only as long as the plane?

"Long" or "short"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres your problem... the conveyor is supposed to be the same length as a typical runway.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I guess you could test it by putting small, high speed conveyors under each wheel.
                      Get them synchronized and and fire the plane up.
                      Next... Cross your fingers and see what happens.

It would be impossible/impracticle to try and build a conveyor the size and length of a typical small aircraft runway.
                      Try getting 1400 feet of anything moving that fast.
                      Or let's go for a major airport runway... some 5800 feet.
                      Can you visualize a mile + of any surface moving at 80 or 100 MPH.
                      -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        size matters not.

[/ QUOTE ]

spoken like a true green muppet...rotflmao...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          VitaminG ended this on page 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, but he thinks we're talking about paper planes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Oi!! Bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Good link, Timmah. Basically agrees with what we've been saying. And I think I might borrow the closing paragraph.....

"Things eventually calmed down as the number of "it won't fly" folks dwindled as they began to understand that the airplane would take off. Old Hack looked at me and suggested we depart as the few holdouts showed no sign of changing their position. So, we headed out into the night to watch the guys take the conveyor out and reinstall the runway."
                          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Okay, one last time with the skateboard n a conveyer theory. If this doesn't prove it to you guys, than seeing a plane on a conveyor doing this isn't going to help either as it is the same effect.

Get the conveyor moving at about 3 MPH. This is the average speed a human walks. Push the skateboard ain the opposite direction with your hand while walking. You are now the "thrust" and are one with the skateboard. If you are correct in saying that it would remain motionless, you will continue to walk ,but, never move forward like you are on a super slippery surface.

However, you will notice that you will continue to walk forward and the skateboard will go with you at the same speed you were walking. The wheels will turn at 6 MPH.-Lou
                            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

What is this "snow" you speak o....oops, wrong thread! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So you haven't figured this out yet Ron?

I bet your PC is smoking from all the searches you've made on this subject, heehee....

Comment

Working...
                                X