How hot your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot your house?

I spent 25 years in a house in Marin Co, Calif without turning on the heat. And there were times when I froze my ass off. It was just as cold inside as it was outside. Now, that I'm in my trailer and have the bucks, my temp inside will be 60 degrees. What is your lower limit inside, considering that they are going to slam us on the bill? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: How hot your house?

<font color="aqua">for the first time ever, it will be 62 degrees in my home. Normally, it's 70 in the winter. I could actually live with the upper 50's but I have to have a heart for the wife and kid... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Furnace = 68 or 70 degrees throughout the winter season.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I keep mine in the low 70s. I hate to be cold...

I hate to be poor too... Lets see how i do on the first big bill.. haha...

Comment

My house does not have an AC or a furnace... it has an electric heat pump.
          My house stays at 77 degrees year round.
          My monthly electric bill is less than $125.00

btw... my house is over 2000 sqf.
          -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I keep mine in the low 70s. I hate to be cold...

I hate to be poor too... Lets see how i do on the first big bill.. haha...

[/ QUOTE ] God, when you guys in the NE get your heating bills, will the "tar market dry up. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, but how much does it cost when you driveway melts and you have to replace it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, but how much does it cost when you driveway melts and you have to replace it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Driveway is concrete...I can cook on it in the summer, but melt... never. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                -Rick

Comment

My A/C is on......72 degrees. We have to fight the humidity mostly.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

In the winter I keep it in the 65-70 range. I like a having a fire in the fireplace so I burn a lot of wood and that keeps the family room nice an warm [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In the summer I keep it about 70-72. I hate being too hot and would rather be too cold that too hot. I pay out the ass for utlities down here in Dallas land. Gas heat and electric AC.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Fortunately I don't have to worry about it. My utilites are paid.

Comment

I try to keep it at 71 after work and during the night, and in the upper 60's while I'm at work.

I lose alot of heat though. It's either an insulation or window issue.

I leave the AC on about 70 while I'm at home in the summer.

Comment

we try to keep it around 75-77 year round [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

While NG and oil have come down a ton in the last two weeks, you can bet you frozen ass that the utilities will fry your balls. Most utilities use "Futures" to lock in prices. Their "cost" may be a lot lower than was seen in the last 5 months. But, they will still stick you. Ain't captitalism great?

Comment

Yea for APS (Arizona Public Service) and nuclear energy.
                              Part of the reason my electric bill is not through the roof.
                              Then again, they are doing a 20% rate hike to cover some down time on one of the three reactors. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X