PayPal payment option - Quasi-Cash to avoid 3% fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal payment option - Quasi-Cash to avoid 3% fee

A while back, a JCFer recommended that we pay each other through PayPal by selecting the Quasi-Cash option in order to avoid the dreaded 3% PayPal fee. For a while, I did this, and none of the people I sent money to reported that they were hit with the 3% PayPal fee. Now, suddenly, I've done two transactions within past past couple of days using Quasi-Cash, and the recipients said they were hit with the 3% fee!!! What gives? I'm trying to save some brothers (any myself) a little bit of money but now apparently PayPal taxes the Quasi-Cash too.

PayPal is fickle. For a looooong time, PayPal receipts would say that I had an Unconfirmed Address, which is false because I confirmed my address almost as soon as I signed up for membership. And only recently did my status show that I truly had a Confirmed Address.

This is bullcrap! I'd trade my Confirmed Address status for the free Quasi-Cash sending again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] 3% isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but now I feel like I have to step up to the plate and recompensate my brothers after boasting so highly to everybody about PayPal Quasi-Cash.

I'm Canadian, and the recipients were American. I've got a hypothesis that international Quasi-Cash transactions are hit with the 3% fee... although I think it's limited to certain countries, because I wasn't able to send Quasi-Cash to Germany one time. Next time I send money to a fellow Canadian recipient, I'll make sure to remember asking if PayPal did the 3% fee for them. You American guys, next time try a transaction by sending Quasi-Cash and seeing if you guys are hit with the 3% fee as well.

Thanks everyone!

Saving everybody pennies at a time,
    NOTP The Resident JCF Cheapass [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PS - By the way, when buying/selling on Ebay with PayPal, don't circumvent the Ebay system. Keep paying through it, and even though it's guaranteed to be hit with the 3% fee, Ebay keeps track of this... I think. I'm just talking about Quasi-Cash for the JCF Brotherhood use and for family and friends you love and trust. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: PayPal payment option - Quasi-Cash to avoid 3% fee

NOTP, for ALL of your Canadian purchases with fellow canadians, use CERTAPAY!!! It's great, fast, and no PAYPAL FEE'S!

Comment

Re: PayPal payment option - Quasi-Cash to avoid 3%

Why have I never heard of Certapay before? I just did very quick research... you can even pay through Ebay.ca with it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] However, I always use the international Ebay.com. Have you tried it on Ebay.com before?

Seems sweet... it's almost like using Interac online. I'll sign up for an account soon... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Wanna give a little bit more info and your experiences (both positive and negative) with it? Can you link it with your Ebay.ca/Ebay.com accounts? Can you pay with major credit cards instead of using your bank account as the source of funds? Can you send money to Americans fee-free, because they are who I buy 95% of my stuff online from?

Comment

Re: PayPal payment option - Quasi-Cash to avoid 3%

Quasi-Cash used to be free but oh well, all good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
        X