Need help from UK buddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from UK buddies

I was on Gary Moore's site yesterday and saw a schedule for him in England. I asked my wife if she wanted to go and she said yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I figured, she always wanted to go to UK, I've been there before and liked it, but I really would like to see Gary Moore live and BB King will be there too.

There are 5 shows and here's the link;

http://www.gary-moore.com/News/news.html

The help I need is, I don't know where any of these places are in relation to London. I've heard of Wembley Stadium, but the others I haven't.

Which place is the closest to central London? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Traveling to one of the other places wouldn't be a problem, if it is the best place to see him.

Since this'll probably be the only chance I get to see him, I'm looking to get great seats, but I would rather have great seats at a theatre, than great seats at a stadium.

Thanks
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Need help from UK buddies

None of those are close...

Manchester and Sheffield are pretty much up by the border, Birmingham, about 150-200miles north of london, near manchester but you wanna avoid there like the plague...

Bournemouth is south of london and is your easiest, non-london venue.

Comment

and it's a bastard that he's not playing scotland, i'd kill to go to that!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Bournemouth is south of london and is your easiest, non-london venue

[/ QUOTE ]

Near Portsmouth? And what is Bournemouth, a stadium? theatre, club?

Comment

Is Bournemouth a good place to see a show and how hard is is to get there from London?

Comment

Bournemouth is the closest and (I think) smallest venue so I'd say that'd be your best bet.

According a route finder, it's around 100 miles from Heathrow (Airport) and should take a couple of hours or so, assuming the traffic is OK. If you check out a map of the UK, Bournemouth is right on the South Coast, more or less in the middle. It's a pretty nice place really, but not exactly Vegas....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

http://www.bic.co.uk/

Comment

Good site. Looks like the place I'll be going. I have to look the transportation routes if I want to take a train or bus. Thanks

Comment

Although Im English, my geography of the south isnt too good.
                  This is a useful website
                  Multimap

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Manchester and Sheffield are pretty much up by the border

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?? Which border are you talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The Lancashire/Yorkshire border!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

I was thinking, does he mean the border with Scotland? No, Manchester is like 200 miles south of that. Does he mean the border with Wales? Nah. I see what he means now LOL.

Comment

Lol he probably didnt, but was giving rough ideas of places. Cos if youre staying in London, and youve no idea where anywhere is, its better to say "its miles away" rather than go into precise detail of why you cant go there lol.

James

Comment

Er, Wembley Arena is in London, and you can get the tube (London's subway) to and from Wembley and anywhere in London with ease, I've done it many a time. Manchester is very far away, we're talking a good 6 hour drive, I would give that a miss for definate, I don't think Sheffield is so good either. Bournemouth is a very nice place, and the BIC is probably the smallest venue listed there, it's not too big, and I saw G3 there, also bournemouth is a very nice little town, and I would recommend visiting anyway. Birmingham isn't too far away, I took a coach to see Motley Crue at the NEC and it was only a couple of hours drive, nothing too far, I gotta say, the NEC is BIG, and I wouldn't reccomend it.

If you want my advice, Wembley is the only London venue there, but I would make the effort to go the BIC, it's a smallish venue, and it's in a lovely place, with a beach and all, if you want you can pm me and I can suggest a couple of nice lil' hotels to stay at as well, also, that way you can go to bournemouth for a day or two, then to London.

Just my opinion,
                            Jonny

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Although Im English, my geography of the south isnt too good.
                              This is a useful website
                              <a href="www.multimap.com" target="_blank">Multimap</a>

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Linky came out wrongy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.multimap.com
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X