Speaking of which.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speaking of which.......

Oh boy... And to think that some of you are fixing to be trapped indoors for the winter. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I use my right hand most of the time. Sometimes I use the left to make it feel like a stranger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sit on your hand for half an hour until it goes numb. That's even better! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      Brilliant! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        And the fact that there's always some buttmunch coming up behind you that's just a wee bit better at it than you, and he gets the recognition instead of you [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Or maybe you choked? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Or maybe you realized that you were "almost there" and panicked and blew it? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still can't understand why you never made it on the pep squad, Matt. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I am just trying to figure out what keeps people from achieving that higher level. Is it mentallity? Fate? Luck?

Anyone have any input on this?-Lou

[/ QUOTE ]

Total commitment and desire, true desire, to be the best.

No matter how good you are at something, if you are not willing to practice 8 hours a day to get better, you cannot pass a plateau.

Also, coaching/teachers. Most people will not seek out a coach or teacher. The coach can be half as skilled as you are, but they know how to get you to your next level.

Comment

See, thats my problem. Im pretty good at just about everything; Driving, guitar/musical, mechanics, writing, computers, programming, electronic work, carpentry, tile/marble, just to name a few. Problem is, none of those stand out... I dont greatley accell at just one of them, which kinda sucks. I think the biggest problem with people like me who are into so many different things, is that I cant concentrate on just one of them long enough to get really good at it.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Drugs took me down everytime. i was endorsed by donnay raquets when i was 11, i grew up with the McEnroe's and trained everyday, they thought i had the stuff, they thought i had the stuff in baseball and football cuz i was fast as fukk, i ran a 4.5 40 yard dash with equipment on in high school, but i just wanted to party , meet girls and get wasted. i made my choices. i had a lot of fun too. maybe a little too much, but i truly believe we can't run from who we are, our destiny picks us. naaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! i fukkin' dropped the ball in the end zone with the band, that's for sure.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Dude, I don't know you(atomic charvel guy) from Adam. But you post all the time with this stuff. You're no different than the rest of some of us. We just don't bitch and whine on a regular basis. Life sucks buddy. Get your head out of your ass, pull your pants up, and get a helmet. Lou was just talking about being good at something, but not being able to "hit the mark" like others...to which I can relate.
                Not about being a fuck-up who thinks life is against him and will never get, beg borrow, or steal a break. If this is crossing the line, well, so be it. You enablers and admins can cater to this bro(atomic) till he offs himself or gets his shit together..whatever. I wish you well brother, but it sounds like you need to get your shit together...and these "cry-outs" on the board ain't the way IMO. If you are fukked up as you say..seek help..professional help..and stay with it. If not, it's your bad bro..do what you want..just don't hate me for saying my piece when you post it here. If this post and I stay...fine. If not, I hope that if what this guy is saying is all true, someone may some day have the balls to tell him the truth and really try and help him. Good luck all.
                The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Hey Tommy, you still into tennis?

I play 3x a week here in Orange County, gimme a call or PM if you dare, ya flake! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X