Xbox 360 and Softy getting sued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 and Softy getting sued.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4502572.stm Well, if the got all the bugs out in the first place..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Xbox 360 and Softy getting sued.

[ QUOTE ]

Analysts in the US estimate the Xbox 360 has sold some 400,000 units there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Let's see, 400,000 units sold divided by 14 units for each store = 28571.428571428571428571428571429 stores.

I think M$ is blowing smoke again, or they're counting "fake" sales like orders that have not been physically filled yet [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yeah, they had the finalized design for quite some time - they could have done several tests to know if they were stable or not.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4500482.stm

And in related news... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

They are all on E-Bay. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

400,000.. I almost believe it.. I mean.. There are about 4 different stores where my work is alone that sell video games.. Each of 'em got about 30-ish consoles... Mall + surrounding stores about 10 more... And this is just two smaller cities in Washington.

Comment

I dunno - the numbers sound possible (28,571 stores), I just don't see that many being sold (or manufactured).

I just know I'd hate to have the 0.428571428571428571428571429 store [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That's an interesting fraction though - look how it repeats (courtesy of the Windows Calculator, by the way) - 28571 - 28571 - 28571 - with a 4 dividing each group.

Comment

"We are working around the clock to manufacture as many Xbox 360s as we can and are replenishing retail stores in Europe in the weeks coming up to Christmas."

Not exactly what I want to hear, being joe consumer. This statement basically says "we're throwing this shyt together just to meet demands, 24 hours a day. The console you buy will probably be thrown together by some underpaid employee that was told he had to work 12 hour days putting xbox's together. If you get one that works, congrats but don't hold your breathe.......Good luck fuckers" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This is the same logic as you never buy a car that was built on a monday or friday. They are usually thrown together by tired employees just throwing shyt together to make it through the day.

I NEVER NEVER NEVER buy first generation consoles. It happens every single time. From the first nintendo to now the xbox 360. The first generation always has flaws. I'll wait til the price drop and they start the 2nd series of the console before I plop down 300. Don't worry mr.playstation2 that sleeps under my entertainment center, you're staying put.........for now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

See, this is what I hate - everyone's so hung up on 'Tradition' - yes, every new system had bugs on launch. WHY?????
                Because NO ONE wanted to take the time to TEST anything besides their advertising plots and marketing hype.

Why was the 360's final design (read: a dozen or so fresh from the assembly line) not tested? I'm sure MS was given a couple of hand-built systems that were assembled and tested by the plant manager, and THEY know they got hand-built non-production samples, so why didn't they specifically call for a production "same thing we're putting on the shelf" setup to test?

I've worked in manufacturing for years - I know that samples are always hand-assembled by the Quality department and inspected by a supervisor, and they're 100 times better than a production-line model.

And I am happy to hear that Europe will have new and improved units on the shelf by Christmas of this year.
                We won't have any in America until February of 06.

So when did Microsoft move to Europe? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Gee, Newc, all these companies need to hire your ass

then all global problems will be solved [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My 360 works fine, now the Perfect Dark Zero that I bought the same day didn't work but the replacement works good. My brother bought a PS2 the first day it was released and it still works great. Never had a problem with it...

Comment

I work for a fairly large electronics company. One of the more recent units they put out was beta tested by 30 differant persons for three months. This was in addition to internal QA and lab testing for the same amount of time, aswell as FCC testing. It still had somewhat of a major glitch when it came out, one of those things where you go crap who missed that? Things like this are overseen by a product manager. They make sure the time line is kept, feature specifications are right, that everything stays in budget blah blah blah. There is a breaking point when they just say fvck let's go. As long as dollars draw the bottom line and they are lost when a product is not out there shit will continue to hit the shelves. As far as any product coming from production to the market believe there is a high rate of QA done on the first run. People just sometimes or often miss the obvious.

Comment

Why would 400,000 units sold be so hard to believe? That gaming shit's pretty big business now.

As far as QA stuff, the gaming consoles are just dedicated computers, and has anyone ever bought a new PC that didn't have a glitch or two? They are complicated machines. That thing in the article about the power supply sounds like a vendor issue. Very common problem with PCs, since the big manufacturers use the cheapest, crappiest components they can get their hands on.

Comment

I didn't hear any complaints about the origian Xbox when it was launched...

That's me though. Not a huge video gamer anyway. When I get in the mood though, I like the old stuff, the first three nintendos especially. At a local shop, they are all the same price. An NES, SNES, and a 64 can be purchased for <$40. In fact, I believe the NES was more than the 64 was.

Comment

Working...
                          X