Poor Eddie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Eddie

Just saw this morning that Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli are divorcing after being married 24yrs. I guess she finally had enough!

Re: Poor Eddie

Screw that! He had enought of her!!
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I was reading that this morning-

Bertinelli Divorcing Rocker Eddie Van Halen

No surprise, really. The funny part is reading the comments in the "Discuss" section at the bottom of the article. #768 was a good one. Osama Van Halen. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Weird. I thought they were already divorced. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Guess I was mistaking seperated for divorced.

Comment

Yeah, I thought so too.

Comment

Yeah, weren't they divorced a few years ago? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They separated 4 years ago...just now getting the actual divorce.

Comment

She gets half of everything, including his tounge

Comment

Apparently she gave him an ultimatum, her or the smokes. He chose the smokes. I would probably have the same problem.

Eddie will get it together, I have confidence.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Apparently she gave him an ultimatum, her or the smokes. He chose the smokes. I would probably have the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    yeah but the problem with relationship ultimatims like that is they NEVER work in the end.

I also had thought they were long over, but I guess they had just separated 4 yrs ago.

I don't really pay attn to VH current events anymore, they haven't made any music that interested me since Humans Being and Me Wise Magic.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I used to drive by Eddies house in Westlake CA, everyday on my way to work,circa 1984 or so, and I can still see the image of Eddie and Val out for a morning jog, she was basically running circles around him smiling from ear to ear , and full of energy, and Eddie looked like he was not into it at all, plodding along smoking a cigarette
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I never put an eye on VH, but this guy looks so beat at the age of 50. Rock 'n' roll is taking its toll of him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I never put an eye on VH, but this guy looks so beat at the age of 50. Rock 'n' roll is taking its toll of him.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed. He's on crash and burn course of self destruction. He is soooo out of touch. I seriously doubt will see any quality music from him. Aside from his amp and guitar creations his musical career his been over for awhile.
                          Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if we heard he drank himself to death before too long.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I used to drive by Eddies house in Westlake CA, everyday on my way to work,circa 1984 or so, and I can still see the image of Eddie and Val out for a morning jog, she was basically running circles around him smiling from ear to ear , and full of energy, and Eddie looked like he was not into it at all, plodding along smoking a cigarette

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed lived in Westlake Village (Thousand Oaks, CA.)? Thought he lived at his main residence in Studio City and now lives at the beach estate in Malibu. Probably still drinking Smoking Loon Cab and chain smoking. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I thought the 5150 studio/mansion was somewhere in the hills just off Coldwater Canyon Blvd--maybe the Westlake Village thing was before that?

Whatever the case, it's kinda sad to see such a talented guy fall apart like that. Hope Wolfgang doesn't go down the same road--look at the Osbourne kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X