Lennon - 25 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennon - 25 years ago

December 8th, 1980 John Lennon was shot and killed by a deranged fan. Very much like Dime, it's a shame.
    Occupy JCF

Re: Lennon - 25 years ago

The greatest song writer in history. IMHO of course.
    He was the Albert Einstein / Leonardo Da Vinci of music.

Comment

I cried that day [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I was ten when that happened and I remember my mother having a shit fit and my father wishing it had been Ringo.

RIP John.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The greatest song writer in history

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

yeah I remember where I was too, at the YMCA after gymnastics practice, sitting there waiting for my parents to pick me up, the news came on the TV there. that jacked my day for sure. I was 16.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I saw it on Nightline literally an hour after it happened. I just couldn't believe it. My girlfriend and I cried a lot for a couple of days. I wasn't even a big Beatles fan at the time, but nobody deserves to be shot like that, and least of all John Lennon.

And yeah, Dime being murdered on the same day, it's just that much worse...
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I remember where I was too. I was 10. I had gotten Double Fantasy that week... I remember everyone standing in Central park singing... "ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE..."

Comment

werent the 70's a drag?

Love that line.

My mom still has the news paper with a full page headline about him being killed.I was 10 as well and my parents(being big time hippies and beatles fans) were freaked out.

Comment

Mark David Chapman was the deranged "fan".
                    When he left work that day, he signed his name on the time sheet as "John Lennon".

With fans like that, who needs critics [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was on my way out to a guitar lesson, when I saw on the news that Lennon had been shot. I wasn't ever the biggest Beatles fan, but I do like their music, and respect what they have done. Just bought a copy of The Beatles @ The Hollywood Bowl as a Christmas present for a friend who is a big fan. He also resembles Lennon, so it's pretty cool. You always wonder what music didn't get the chance to be created by the likes of Lennon, Rhoads, Dime, etc... At least we have what they gave us before their death, as a way to remember them by.
                      www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        werent the 70's a drag?

[/ QUOTE ]\
                        not hardly. that was my young years and I had a fuckin blast.

UFO, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Yes, Thin Lizzy, Uriah Heep, Rolling Stones, Van Halen, there's so much great music from that time. I grew up with all that.

I know you were probably kidding but people always concentrate on the bad fashion part of the 70's, never the good parts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          werent the 70's a drag?

[/ QUOTE ]\
                          not hardly. that was my young years and I had a fuckin blast.

UFO, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Yes, Thin Lizzy, Uriah Heep, Rolling Stones, Van Halen, there's so much great music from that time. I grew up with all that.

I know you were probably kidding but people always concentrate on the bad fashion part of the 70's, never the good parts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like all the FREE SEX you could get without fear of AIDS. I was too young to cash in on the '70s. I turned 10 when the decade was over. Too bad, it was wild.

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

It was a line from Lennon's last radio interview. I have heard it on a HBO special. He gave an interview for his new lp and he was talking about how he hoped the 80's would be great..."werent the 70's a drag?"

I dont remember much of that decade, i was born in 1970, so i only remember half of it. Under roo's and star wars baby!!........and football

Comment

Working...
                            X