Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I getting any better at this? Digital photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I getting any better at this? Digital photos.

Here is a pic I took of my Xaviere when I first got it.

...and here is a pic I just took.

It looks better to me, so what's the serdict?

By the way, I changed the pickups to a SD Custom in the bridge, and a GFS Crunchy PAF in the neck, put Gibson speed knobs on it, and Grover 18:1 tuners. It sounds monstrous now!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Am I getting any better at this? Digital photo

MUCH better Zeegs! The lighting in the new picture is a lot more even and also the new shot is a lot steadier and sharper. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice pictures. I have GFS Hot PAF's in my LPC and they really kick @$$!!! Great pickups at a great price.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Nice pictures. I have GFS Hot PAF's in my LPC and they really kick @$$!!! Great pickups at a great price.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not kidding. I needed a zebra hum for this, and figured I would try out the GFS stuff. It sounds very, very good, and is a perfect match for the Duncan Custom.

I'm definitely going to try some more of their pickups.

Comment

awesome axe, and awesome pic! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw those guitars reviewed in the latest vintage guitar. Are the tops veneer?
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Nice Job Zeegler.

I remember you were having issues when you posted last about digital photography. What did you change since you last posted?

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I saw those guitars reviewed in the latest vintage guitar. Are the tops veneer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the tops are veneer, but It doesn't really detract from the overall quality of the guitar. It would be nice if the top was 1/2" flame maple, but I'm not gonna complain. The fit and finish is fantastic, and it's a real joy to play. It's a round C shaped neck, not fat, but not flat and thin. I changed the knobs because I didn't like the gaudy gold ones, and the pickups, because the originals were not hot enough, and they also had gold covers which I detest. Both hums can be coil tapped with the pull-out tone knobs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Nice Job Zeegler.

I remember you were having issues when you posted last about digital photography. What did you change since you last posted?

-Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

It's mostly just a matter of having a little more patience, and trying different settings for different situations. The bottom pic was taken in natural light, with no flash, and using the macro setting. I also use the ACDSee software I have to adjust brightness, contrast, etc.

Comment

The bottom one was definately the better of the two IMO... Good show =)

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                    X