RIP Richard Pryor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP Richard Pryor

FYI: "Ivory Tower" is simply meant tongue in cheek; ie: sarcastic humor. Not be taken any more seriously than some stupid avatar that many of you have. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

So sensitive to the truth in my opinion that you automatically shoot down the messenger and take cheap personal shots in defense of your imaginary hero? Forgot you guys were on Rich's payroll cause you sure do act like it.

Without an extensive marketing, advertising, and public relations background, then I guess I'd be clueless too. All hail the greatest, RIP. That's the fashionable thing to do and say, right? [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Everyone is entitled to their fucking opinion. I don't have a problem with Pryor, but wasn't expecting as asshole onslaught. Can't handle the un-sugar coated facts? Attacking a JCF bro cause he shoots from the hip? Boy, I sure did underestimate the balanced democracy of this board. That's rather sad, you pathetic monkey beaters. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Pryor..influenced me big time when I was young. He had balls and said whatever he wanted to say without a damn...and it was ALWAYS funny...He Ruled!

RIP Rich! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Annette Funicello has MS, as did my wife, and it killed her. MS is an equal opportunity killer. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Sorry to be an a-hole Bird. I just feel it is in extremely poor taste to disparage someone in a post that was started for others to say their condolences. In other words remember what mom said “if you don’t have anything good to say about someone, don’t say anything at all”. Take it however you want, just bad taste in my opinion.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sorry to be an a-hole Bird. I just feel it is in extremely poor taste to disparage someone in a post that was started for others to say their condolences. In other words remember what mom said “if you don’t have anything good to say about someone, don’t say anything at all”. Take it however you want, just bad taste in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Personally, I don't care much about his personal life. He was comedic giant, he blazed trails..he broke down walls, taboos and influenced an entire generation.

For that, I celebrate his achievements.

Oh, and he made my laugh...which is one of life's greates joys.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

he and Gene Wilder were awsome team, they made ma laugh.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

He was a great comedian and a really good actor too. A true pioneer in the industry.

Comment

damn birdz. that's just not cool. whether you liked him or not, it's just not cool to rip on someone right after they die. not cool. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      FYI: "Ivory Tower" is simply meant tongue in cheek; ie: sarcastic humor. Not be taken any more seriously than some stupid avatar that many of you have. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

So sensitive to the truth in my opinion that you automatically shoot down the messenger and take cheap personal shots in defense of your imaginary hero? Forgot you guys were on Rich's payroll cause you sure do act like it.

Without an extensive marketing, advertising, and public relations background, then I guess I'd be clueless too. All hail the greatest, RIP. That's the fashionable thing to do and say, right? [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Everyone is entitled to their fucking opinion. I don't have a problem with Pryor, but wasn't expecting as asshole onslaught. Can't handle the un-sugar coated facts? Attacking a JCF bro cause he shoots from the hip? Boy, I sure did underestimate the balanced democracy of this board. That's rather sad, you pathetic monkey beaters. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm newly recharged and off the rag, so watch out!
                      New avatar and nickname, can ya feel the love? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Initially didn't mean to offend any JCF members who suffered great offence to my prior (no pun intended) statements. My feelings were initially hurt, but its stupid to get upset about a bunch of anonymous people on a board who share a common interest.

There's sort of some weird unspoken rule about mentioning anything perceived as negative towards a recently deceased person who couldn't have cared less about their blatant abuse of celebrity before they got a dreaded disease.

So automatically I'm this giant prick who gets unfairly targeted by the pious etiquette coaches waiting in the wings? Bullshit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Pryor was talented in the opinions of some. His personal downfall was tremendously flawed by his own making and is well documented, so it doesn't need to be repeated here.

JCF should be a "safe" environment to express opinions without being concerned about a mean spirited clusterfuck of differing opinions.

Comment

I think your new name should be flamming faggot. There, did you enjoy my expression of a non-PC opinion?.................

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

I'm newly recharged and off the rag, so watch out!
                          New avatar and nickname, can ya feel the love? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Initially didn't mean to offend any JCF members who suffered great offence to my prior (no pun intended) statements. My feelings were initially hurt, but its stupid to get upset about a bunch of anonymous people on a board who share a common interest.

There's sort of some weird unspoken rule about mentioning anything perceived as negative towards a recently deceased person who couldn't have cared less about their blatant abuse of celebrity before they got a dreaded disease.

So automatically I'm this giant prick who gets unfairly targeted by the pious etiquette coaches waiting in the wings? Bullshit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Pryor was talented in the opinions of some. His personal downfall was tremendously flawed by his own making and is well documented, so it doesn't need to be repeated here.

JCF should be a "safe" environment to express opinions without being concerned about a mean spirited clusterfuck of differing opinions.

[/ QUOTE ] "Take a number, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you "cluster fukkers". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I think your new name should be flamming faggot. There, did you enjoy my expression of a non-PC opinion?.................

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your name Accept2 must imply that you accept TWO cocks up your smart twink ass. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Who's the faggot?

FUCK OFF

Comment

Every time we get a serious good hearted post we get some asshole that has to shoot their mouth off. I have warned about this multiple times in the past. So you can take your pathetic self elsewhere. Buh-bye!

Comment

Let's hear one for the good guys. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] His number is up. We will just have to cluster somewhere else. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X