Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cel Phone help re: Tracfone and Motorola V170?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cel Phone help re: Tracfone and Motorola V170?

Ok, I finally gave in and bought a cel phone. God knows I hate a telephone for anything but Pizza and backup internet service, but I know the day's coming when I'll be stuck somewhere and need a phone.

Anyhoo, I got the Tracfone pay-as-you-go setup where I'm under no obligation to anyone but myself, and a Motorola V170 (I'f I'm gonna be Star Trekkin, I may as well go Kirk-style [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

So I go through the online setup/activation routine of entering all the codes and such, but I got to the last part where you have to turn the phone off and then back on and it's supposed to be programmed with your shiny new phone number, but mine isn't. Naturally I do all this at 3 am when they're closed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyone else get this phone/setup and experience this type of trouble?
    I think where I screwed up is that I powered off without backing out of the menus (hey, it said Code Accepted, I figured it was done [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Of course, if anyone knows where to get a specific arrangement of numbers that I can kinda accidentally push to accidentally make it have universal access for free forever, I'll try my best to avoid that kinda of accident [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com
Working...
X