Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with my Landlord!

[ QUOTE ]
    Talk to an attorney or a housing authority representative. I am sure your landlord is in the wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Very good advice.
    When you present your situation do intelligently/professionally and calmed natured.
    Have "proof" to verify your story and this is what so many fail to do. In other words, be prepared.
    Don't go there and play the blame game without being prepared with legitmate proof, you'll get no investigation and resolve.
    Its really bad to have a worthless lanlord.
    Good luck.
    Look in your local phone book for a "housing rep" they're usually listed. You may have to make a couple of calls before you get where you need to be.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Holy crap Irf!!!
      This is unbelievable!!! I am glad that your neighbors are being neighborly and cooperating, that is some good news.
      But this whole situation is completely unacceptable for anyone. I hope that this is solved SOON.
      Be healthy, bro.
      If you need a place, you're welcome out here in Texass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

-Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Electric is seperate. My air conditioner reminded me of that this past summer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]OK, then go get a space heater and deduct the electric bill from your rent.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Oil heaters? I guess it depends on what part of the country you're in. I've never seen anything except Gas or Electric... I'd say you have the right to not pay her... use your rent money for oil... after a month of receiving no rent at all, she'll change her tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably has radiator heat. It's not uncommon in urban apartments. I actually have them here. (You gotta be very careful of the ones in the bathroom)
          Occupy JCF

Comment

I have 2 notice of violations from the city of NY about the hot water complaint in hand along with a printout from that link from the dept of housing. I'm just looking for the lease and I'm gonna see what I can do. Thanks again everyone [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy crap, thank god! Woke up this morning and the money we pulled together got us some heat AND hot water. I'm telling ya...it's the little things in life [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This landlady's gonna get her ass handed to her now that I can think straight. You guys kick ass. I wanted to do a few things, but was kinda nervous of going about it wrong and getting evicted [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] but I got some great advice and I'm taking a few of my neighbors to the Housing Court (I think that's what it's called, it's written down) and we're gonna sort this out. Cheers fellas! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Comment

Good luck, dude!

Boy am I glad I live on the west coast!

What year was your building built? 1880? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Buy a fukking trailer. I guess trailers don't count in NY. But in mine, I am snug as a bug in a rug. Good on you for getting it worked out. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                  X