Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Cables?

Hi All

So what's the best Cable brand out there? Me & the rest of my band are fed up with our crappy Livewire cables so we decided to all upgrade. I would like to go the "Monster-Cable Route" but 4x cables @ 15-18ft each might kick my wallet in the ass. The Three of us all have Monster Speaker cables but were looking for some really durable instrument cables that wont take a dive on us. Any suggestions??

Re: Best Cables?

Wireless or Samson Armored Cables, I won´t use anything else [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I use nothing but george l's for my pedals and planet waves for the rest. have never had a problem at all.

Comment

Planet Waves here.

Comment

+1

Comment

jg
            "POOP"

Comment

Planet Waves are Hosa Cables.

Comment

You know, they may be some cheaper cables that may in fact be problematic. I have peavey cables that are it least 8 years old more like ten years old, and still work fine. I think its all, how you take care of them, determines how long they'll last and work for you. Take care of the stuff it should last awhile. I've never been one to spend alot cash on accessories, to me, its somebody trying to get more money from me. Cables are important, but their not all that, so many carry on about. A good midrange price would do you well. Brand? who cares, JUST use it(try it out) first before buying it at the guitar store. That way you can hear any buzzing or anything else first hand before buying.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I threw out my 20ft peaveys as they were so noisy with a high gain amp they horrible. they have different grades maybe?

George L .155 (not the pre-assembled ones) all the way here.

Or maybe the Stupid expensive Monster SP100's. They are the only monster I would bother buying over GeorgeL's and they are so expensive I'd never buy them, haha.

The Planet Waves I've used were great as well. But I never really got a chance to use them heavily under bad conditions.

Comment

Monster! But I do get them at half price so.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I use the Planet Waves from my guitar to my pedals, little Monster ones in between my pedals, and a Lava from my pedals to my amp.

Comment

did you come up with that boxcar, after a lot of tinkering until you were happy with that setup?
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sorta...I got the Planet Waves because I never saw people bringing them back broken at work, and because I can buy them for $12, the Monsters because they're quiet and the Lava because it was the only quality cable I could find that was 15 feet wtih a right angle. So it suits my needs.

Comment

Working...
                          X