Bets on Iran by Feb 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bets on Iran by Feb 1st

I’ve got a bet on the table that Israel will smoke every nuclear site in Iran by the end of January. Iran’s president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad should learn from the historic Israeli victories against adversaries in the mideast. Calling Israel a “tumor” and the relocation to Europe or Alaska is a one way ticket for F15’s and SOP’s to be in Iran causing major damage to Iran’s nuke investment. Israel knows how to kick some major ass and they have been on the side lines for over ten years. So lets sit back and watch, hopefully after the super bowl. $100 bucks it goes down before Feb 1st. At least it will make the news fun to watch. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Re: Bets on Iran by Feb 1st

I love how they continually push their luck with Israel - constantly calling for their obliteration and all that, but knowing full well that Israel can flatten their entire country in a day [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm waiting for it, too.

If Israeli archeologists ever unearth the Ark of the Covenant - buh-bye Middle East [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

AFAIC Israel shouldn't have nukes, either. Something in the water down there seems to make everyone a nutcase that shouldn't have WMDs at their disposal. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Iran is asking for it, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd say by the end of March for sure. That's the timetable I've read - that after that, they will have full nuke capability.

Pete

Comment

Funny that a few months ago the CIA claimed that Iran was at least 10 years from acquiring nuclear weapons. They obviously need to spend less time trying to undermine the current administration and more time doing their jobs. Now that the IAEA has put the timeline at early spring I think it's safe to say that there will be a bunch of brand spankin' new smoking holes in the ground in Iran before that date.

Israel having nuclear weapons is fine with me. The Arabs invaded Israel every 5 years or so like clockwork until the Israelis developed their nuclear weapons program. Since then: nada. 'Nuff said.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

What do you say that there will be a nuke exchange between two Israel vs. Arab countries? And everyone thought it would be a USA vs. USSR.

Comment

Bullshit!!! Israel has it's own internal problems. They are not going to do anything. Iran is N Korea with a hat on. The big concern is the influence of Iran on Iraq. The borders don't mean squat if the religion is the same. No knock on anyone. This is geo-politics. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Not good either way....

Lets face it..we aren't too popular over there any way you want to slice it.

Israel is NOT a country to fuck with....they have the worlds 3rd ranked Air Force (you guessed it, they have US aircraft and many were trained here by us), and they have a pretty substantial Army and other units.

Israel will demolish Iran...but, not before Iran does something totally stupid and irrational, like push the red button or launch a NBC attack.

Not good folks...not good [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

If I remember correctly, when Israel flew thier mission to take out the "Power Plant" in Iraq, the pilots barely had enough fuel to get there. Although that was a low level mission to avoid being picked up on Radar. Iran is a tad further and would the US and Iraq allow them to fly over ?

Matt

Comment

Iran is just going to lay back and wait till we get out of Iraq (Ya, like when?). Then you are going to have your Kurds and whey. I'll bet you a box of cheap wine that we will snug up to Iran and hope that they don't combine with Iraq. It's all history and all those borders were created by the British and the US. "The sands and religion know no borders." That was a quote by me. Pretty fukking profound. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      $100 bucks it goes down before Feb 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take that bet. There are several reasons why it won't happen, most especially that soon.

- Israel's own leadership have made statements recently that hint towards this being a last resort. And, even then, probably not an effective one in terms of actually taking out the facilities.

- It would royally p**s off the US, as it will make most arabs in the mideast go absolutely nuts with added anti-US / anti-Israel sentiment. The situation in Iraq is bad enough right now, that we wouldn't agree to such a strike now. Yes, it would endanger our own troops with additional attacks and strengthen arab sentiment for the terrorists.

- The Iranians have learned from the Iraqis prior mistakes. The facilities are so deeply buried and so scattered that a single "surgical" airstike would not be likely to do the job. It'd have to be done through several large strikes over a period of time, and that'd just lead to all-out mideast war.

- It's more likely to get referred to the UN Security Counsel before military action would be taken. Bush just doesn't have the political capital - domestically nor internationally - to go it on our own again and/or agree to "look the other way" while the Israelis do it. And that will draw out the process for some time. Not to mention that the UN pussies would likely try economic sanctions first - just like Iraq. Also, absent significant international pressure, Russia would likely veto any military options presented to the UN. They've got their hands so far up the Iranian's asses (trading nuclear technology for oil and/or money), that you'd think they were warm and fuzzy over each other.

Don't get me wrong. The Iranians deserve it. And more. But it just ain't gonna happen anytime soon. A year or two from now, maybe. Like just before Bush leaves office. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        What do you say that there will be a nuke exchange between two Israel vs. Arab countries? And everyone thought it would be a USA vs. USSR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, maybe they will stop all their shit then. Those fuckers on both side know nothing but hate.
                        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, maybe they will stop all their shit then. Those fuckers on both side know nothing but hate.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          +1

Comment

BS, BS, BS. The Middle East is too hot right now. Iran is laughing all the way to paradise and Israel will sit back. Box of wine says that Iraq will become a federation. The Shis' will win bigtime. The Sunnis will get represention and the Kurds will just kick ass. It's all lines in the sand.

Comment

Israel could give a shit about the rest of the world. They care for there own protection and well being. Like I said, Iran smoked or a ………cheap box of ……cheap wine by the 1st of February. Man, that stuff must be pretty good. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X