Bets on Iran by Feb 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bets on Iran by Feb 1st

Let's put the main idea into words that even a conservative mind can understand.

Blaming a religion or a belief system for the innocent people killed in its name is exactly the same thing for blaming the gun instead of the murderer for the act of killing.

Get it?

Comment

Wrong Veli, the gun doesn't preach death and destruction to Infidels every Friday afternoon. Some adherants to some religions do. Big difference.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Wrong Veli, the gun doesn't preach death and destruction to Infidels every Friday afternoon. Some adherants to some religions do. Big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Right, but it gives you the ability of to take away someone's life in a split-second by the pull of a trigger.

It must be hard with what you have to work with, but come on I am sure you can understand this if you try really hard. Just make the effort.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
          [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Right, but it gives you the ability of to take away someone's life in a split-second by the pull of a trigger.

It must be hard with what you have to work with, but come on I am sure you can understand this if you try really hard. Just make the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cut up a watermelon a few months ago with a big knife. Not too much different from what those fuckers used to saw off the heads of 'infidels'. A gun is a TOOL. A knife is a TOOL. Hell, Veliyasin is a TOOL, just a different sort of one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The gun, by itself, doesn't kill people. The person operating it does. I know, it's probably a hard concept to grasp for Vel, but maybe another example will help.

I make toast quite often. However, I'm not worried about the toaster leaping into my shower and electrocuting me any more than I am having a gun spring up and shoot me on its own. Again, it's the person operating the tool/weapon, not the weapon. A toaster plugged in and tossed into your shower or bath would kill you just as efficiently as being shot. Probably more so, since people can survive being shot, even in the head. I wouldn't think many people survive the plugged in appliance in the shower/bath water.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I cut up a watermelon a few months ago with a big knife. Not too much different from what those fuckers used to saw off the heads of 'infidels'. A gun is a TOOL. A knife is a TOOL. Hell, Veliyasin is a TOOL, just a different sort of one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The gun, by itself, doesn't kill people. The person operating it does. I know, it's probably a hard concept to grasp for Vel, but maybe another example will help.

I make toast quite often. However, I'm not worried about the toaster leaping into my shower and electrocuting me any more than I am having a gun spring up and shoot me on its own. Again, it's the person operating the tool/weapon, not the weapon. A toaster plugged in and tossed into your shower or bath would kill you just as efficiently as being shot. Probably more so, since people can survive being shot, even in the head. I wouldn't think many people survive the plugged in appliance in the shower/bath water.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]
            The sad thing is you don't realize you just explained my point throughly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

So your point is that watermelon toasters are dangerous?
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                Well if we're going back then it's worth noting that the ones prior to that funded and trained him.

[/ QUOTE ]

How were we supposed to know a terrorist would TURN on us... He seemed like such a nice guy.

Can't trust anyone these days...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he wasn't a known terrorist when we funded and trained him. He was a Saudi construction company owner who went to Afghanistan to help resist the Soviet invasion. I remember the military briefing on TV where a general explained with a map that if the USSR conquered Afghanistan,
                only Pakistan stood betewwn it and the Persian Gulf, where they coulc choke off the world's oil supply. That is very likely what the Soviets DID intend, and by helping the resistance we foiled that. You have to work with the enemy of your enemy in that part of the world, knowing he may be your enemy after you finish off the mutual enemy. That has been the story of Islamic history.

Bin Laden didn't turn on us until metal died and grunge came in! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, the timing was about the same.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I remember the military briefing on TV where a general explained with a map that if the USSR conquered Afghanistan, only Pakistan stood betewwn it and the Persian Gulf, where they coulc choke off the world's oil supply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see that map. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

You can't blame Islam for Islamic aggression. It just isn't logical to be hostile to an ideology responsible for motivating its adherents to mass murders, hijackings, kidnappings etc. Clearly, it is unreasonable to take the statements made by those committing these violent and cruel actions justifying their behavior in the name of Islam at face value. Just as it was grossly unfair and illiberal minded to condemn the ideologies / pseudo-religions of Nazism and Japanese Militarism for motivating some of the horrors the world went through in the 30's and 40's. Let's not even get started about how monumentally stupid and reactionary it is to criticize the ideology of communism for the 100 million deaths (give or take few million) that have blighted the landscapes of communist states. That Islam is a religion of peace should be self-evident to any thinking person but one only needs to observe the peace and prosperity that reigns wherever Moslems hold sway to be convinced. Personally, I blame the uniformly conservative and reactionary American media for brainwashing the fat and selfish American public with lies and anti-Moslem propoganda.

Comment

• Re: Bets on Iran by Feb 1st

Have a holly jolly Christmas...
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

oops...
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          I remember the military briefing on TV where a general explained with a map that if the USSR conquered Afghanistan, only Pakistan stood betewwn it and the Persian Gulf, where they coulc choke off the world's oil supply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see that map. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, Pakistan actually has shorefront on the Arabian Sea
                          just outside of the outlet of the Persian Gulf. I meant that a Soviet naval prescence with bases on the Arabian Sea could cut off access to the Persian Gulf, which I'm sure you could see that would be a valid military and economic concern. That's why we got involved in Afghanistan and it made sense at the time.

People shit when gas prices go high, but what if you COULDN'T get gas, because the USSR had control of the outlet? We'd pretty much have to accept their terms no matter what they were. So to prevent that we helped the mujahadeen, including OBL. He was not yet a terrorist when we helped him, it was our walking away after the Soviets left that first pissed him off, then the insult in his eyes when the Saudi king (rightly) didn't trust the mujahadeen to protect Saudi from Saddam, and called the US coaslition in instead. He was pissed, and decided to justify in religious terms his vendetta of revenge against the US and Saudi Arabia itself.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X