Fess up..Any Ukulele players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fess up..Any Ukulele players?

I don't play one myself, but at work during lunch there are 6 of us who play Island songs.
    We have 2 Acoustic guitars (I play all the lead parts) 1 Baritone and 3 ukulele players.
    I also play the Bass on 3 songs. (Not like Bill though)
    In our shop one day some Island guys started jamming some tunes and asked
    if I wanted to bring my guitar in. Why not I thought. I beats playing alone at home.
    So next thing you know there is 6 of us and now people from
    Security to Plumbers to the vice Pres, is checking us out and wanting to play with us.
    My wife cracks up when she walks by my jam room at home and sees me playing
    Island tunes on my SL2H. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Fess up..Any Ukulele players?

Playing Ukelele after a few brews while being bottom less (ala Donald Duck) is a lot of fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

why didn't I think of that? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Look behind the Ovation-

I have it tuned to the top 4 strings on a guitar to make things easier for me. Fun to screw around with.

Comment

i want one. maybe after xmas.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I picked up one when I was in Hawaii earlier this year and learned some chords and a few songs. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I even got up in between one of my gigs with the old lady, and did a uke song. I think it was 'Forgetful Lucy' from 51st Dates (Adam Sandler).
            I wondered what one would sound like with a little distortion added. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

"Hippietim" would have to change his name to "Tinytim" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My sister bought a cheap one at Wal-Mart for her 18-month-old granddaughter, my great-niece Brantley. I went online to get the proper tuning, but couldn't really play on it that way, nor did I think it sounded musical strumming it.
                So since the correct top note is an A, I tuned it to an open D major chord (A-D-F#-A, high to low). She's getting the hang of strumming it now and it sounds musical tunmed to a chord, so she loves it.

She loves me when I play the Barney song on it, too! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Who'd have thought you could get such a kick out of playing that song. I learned the Barney laugh too, she loves that!

It's also kind of fun to play slide on a ukelele....
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I used to play the mandolin so the uke is pretty easy and fun to goof around with, tune to EADG, I have one under a bed or in a closet somewhere
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                  X