the '70s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the '70s

people slag on the 70s but I grew up with UFO, Rush, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, and a host of others.

what amazing music came out of that era! I just ordered the cd of 2112 from Amazon and it's great to hear this stuff again. Something for Nothing is fun to play, even on acoustic. those chord changes just sound so nice.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: the \'70s

I was born in 1982

I still have my records, 1984 and shout at the devil from when I was 3

Those 2 records set me up for life

I remember appitte when I was 5 and blowing my wad to it

same with Hystaria

Give me 1985-1992

3-10 years old, all Ihad was Drums and guitars and the Seahawks
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      people slag on the 70s but I grew up with UFO, Rush, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, and a host of others

[/ QUOTE ]

The 70's was the best era for music as far as I'm concerned. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I was born in 1980 but I love early Rush expecially 2112 and hemispheres. Scorpions rule as well,but are their music considered be part of the 70s?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          people slag on the 70s but I grew up with UFO, Rush, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, and a host of others.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yes, there were a bunch I remember, being born in '64.
          Bad Co.
          BTO
          Ten Years After
          Boston
          Steve Miller Band
          Ted Nugent
          Black Sabbath
          KISS
          etc.
          etc.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Rush is awsome, Alex has infulenced me a lot with his unique chord playing. Geddy is a great bass player and I think his weird voice is pretty cool. And Neal, well he is the shit, definetly one of the best drummers ever, his playing is very recognizable.

My fav. 70s band is ZZ Top, Tres Hombres is the best album ever made IMHO.
            Kiss, Thin Lizzy, Ufo, Free, Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Mahagony Rush, Hendrix are also my favs.

But nothing beats the 80's, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Whitesnake etc. had the biggest impact on me. Happy songs, awsome chicks, shredding, partyies etc. ruled the earth.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Van McCoy
              Rick Dees
              Walter Murphy & Big Apple Band
              Wild Cherry
              Boz Scaggs
              Ram Jam
              Rose Royce
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Disco-hippie [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Paul McCartney & Wings, ELO, Santana, John Lennon, Elton John, Queen, Bad Company, Free, REO Speedwagon, RUSH, KISS, Nugent, Steve Miller, ZZ Top, etc etc

Back when there was good music on the radio instead of crap and endless commercials.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was born in 1970. I got the '70s, but not enough to really GET the 70's....i.e., I grew up in the 70's but didn't get to cash in on all the drugs and free sex.

However, I certainly remember the music. For me, it was KISS that made the most impact on me. I also grew up with my parent's music, which I still love...Springsteen, Jackson Browne, The Eagles, Linda Ronstadt...stuff like that. My parents partied pretty hard in the '70s. My mom used to have what she called "Junk Food" parties. Basically, there were munchies everywhere and everyone would get stoned and wasted and feast.

I have pictures!

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I was born in 1970. I got the '70s, but not enough to really GET the 70's....i.e., I grew up in the 70's but didn't get to cash in on all the drugs and free sex.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Same here. I was born in '72.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      But nothing beats the 80's, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Whitesnake etc. had the biggest impact on me. Happack y songs, awsome chicks, shredding, partyies etc. ruled the earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't VH in 1978?

No one said the Bee Gees?

Comment

Grand Funk Railroad
                        Rod Stewart & Faces
                        Black & Blue by the stones '78
                        the worst in the 70's was getting my bell bottom pants leg caught in my bike chain and racking the nuts on the bannana seat. i was glad to see the 80's roll in.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Mid 70's to mid 80's covers the best of both decades

Blue Oyster Cult, UFO, etc. are cool 70's bands. VH peaked in '84, 1st LP in '78. 80's shread is still the best!

Comment

I'm with Mike. I was born in 69 so I got to more less watch my parents listen to music. They had their good taste and some really horrible shit. I got to hear a bunch of Elton John, Willie & Waylon, Foghat, The Eagles,Deep Purple, Skynyrd, but I also got to hear a lot of the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, Olivia Newton John, Capn and Tannille(sp). In like 76 or 77 my sister got Kiss AliveII for Christmas. I assumed ownership of this record shortly there after, she was focused on Shawn Cassidy or some shit. I think this set the tone for what I wanted to hear in music for some time. Like most others here I stayed with harder rock through the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                            X