• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tab Archive disables Downloads

Just saw this On the Power Tab Archive.

"December 15, 2005 (17:27) - posted by Ronald
    Tab Downloading Disabled
    Due to the aggressive stance that the MPA is planning against tablature/lyrics websites (see here) we have had to take the unfortunate decision to suspend the downloading of tablature for the immediate future whilst we clarify our legal position. The PTA was founded as a learning resource for musicians and the PTA staff makes NO money from running the PTA but we do not wish to break the law and risk legal action against us. User Compositions will be unaffected and will still be hosted here at the PTA. We appreciate all your comments/support in the PTA forum. Thank you for your understanding. The PTA Staff." [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EDIT: Did not see the mention of this in the other thread until just now.....Sorry for reporting old news.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Power tab Archive disables Downloads

Damn, I was just there yesterday. I can't believe this crap. I remeber OLGA having a similiar problem. This whole copyright crap is getting out of hand. They are basically just individuals tab versions of how they feel the song is played, they are never 100% accurate. It's not like they are making a copy of the sheet music and putting it online. Crap I guess, my I am gonna have to spend more time learning things by ear, oh well I guess it will make me a better player.
    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I did a massive load up on power tabs this week just in case something like this happened, we should all have a pretty good selection of em, Post the ones you need and maybe some one will have it to share.
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Usenet dudes. Learn usenet, and no matter what those guys do, youll have more shit than you'll know what to do with..............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Usenet dudes. Learn usenet, and no matter what those guys do, youll have more shit than you'll know what to do with..............

[/ QUOTE ]

Teach me Jedi master!!!
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

There *are* a lot of folks on PTA who are just copying tabs from books and such so I knew this was gonna happen.
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

On Usenet, they just copy the whole book and put it in pdf format.

Paul,
              Get Forte Free Agent, install it, hook into a usenet server, subscribe to the tab groups..............

Comment

Is there more than one tab group worth reading?
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

They go after the popular sites because it's an easy target to make an example out of. That's not going to stop people from Tabbing shit though. Once all of the sites are frightened into submission people will just start using private FTP servers again I bet.
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

fucking bunch of wankers!A lot of the powertab out there isnt tabbbed in any other way let alone copied from a book.Tony macalpine has lots of his albums tabbed and he doesnt give a shit.If someone does it from ear the mpa havnt a leg to stand on

Comment

That really sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                      I wonder when MySongBook.com goes down...
                      -Janne

Comment

MySongBook.com is constantly going down! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But not from stupid BS like this. They have really bad server problems.

On their site, they currently say this, though "IMPORTANT:
                        Due to server problems, the upload, rating and download count are temporary disabled."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          If someone does it from ear the mpa havnt a leg to stand on

[/ QUOTE ]

Bzzzt! Thanks for playing but that answer is ... incorrect.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

That totally sucks. Those were the best tabs out there. The ones I downloaded were fairly accurate.

I should have gone nuts and downloaded a bunch of stuff when I read the other thread.

- E.
                            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

if i post a powertabbed solo i worked out myself on my website they havnt got a leg to stand on if they expect me to bring it down.what can they do to me?please tell me as you fucking know it all [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                              Are the laws diferent over in the USA than here in England?

Comment

Working...
                              X