Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam UPS!!

Here is another UPS Xmas Story.

My wife and I ordered our 2 1/2 year old an electric ride in car from FAO. We have it sent to my Mother in Laws in El Paso Texas, as that is where we are going for Christmas. She tells us yesterday that UPS dropped off a box, and that it doesn't look so good, she said even the driver was like "uh, I don't know what to say, we had to wrap it so it wouldn't open up". We ask her to send up pics, and this is what we got.

1st this is what is in the box.

This is what the box looked like, remember the black plastic was added by UPS. You would think at some point during the shipping, someone at UPS would have maybe thought, HMMM something isn't right here.

So we aske them to open it and chack it out, and guess what. The little car is crushed in on the passenger side door. We contact both UPS and FAO. FAO wants us to send it back, and they will issue a credit. What sucks though is that we thought this was the perfect gift for our son Matteo(he loves cars), and this is the 1st Christmas he is aware about,and they are no replacements for it. So we can't even get another for Christmas. As for UPS of course they have to "look" into it, and will contact us shortly.

This is my second UPS sucks story in the last 2 months, 1st was the Dweezil Charvel, dam box was opened when I got it and guitar case actually slid out and hit the floor whan the guy handed it to me, and this. I think UPS is crossed off my list of places I deal with now.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Re: Dam UPS!!

That sucks!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      FAO wants us to send it back,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong !!!! Unless they are going to compensate you for the shipping. That is thier fault plain and simple. Have them issue a damage claim and if they don't, do it yourself and UPS will come pick it up. They will inspect it and either issue the shipper an Insurance check (Highly unlikely) or send it back to the shipper. Eiither way it is not on your Dime.

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong !!!! Unless they are going to compensate you for the shipping. That is thier fault plain and simple. Have them issue a damage claim and if they don't, do it yourself and UPS will come pick it up. They will inspect it and either issue the shipper an Insurance check (Highly unlikely) or send it back to the shipper. Eiither way it is not on your Dime.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, should have made it clear, FAO is being cool, they issued us a RA, plus are paying for the return.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, should have made it clear, FAO is being cool, they issued us a RA, plus are paying for the return.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok. That's cool then. Still sux it was damaged though.

Matt

Comment

That's too bad about the car. Your son would have flipped out when he saw that thing waiting for him...I know my three year old would. Now you'll have a Blue Matteo. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm sorry, that was a piss poor PRS joke. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Enjoy your boys first real Christmas! I'm sure he will have a great day regardless. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              That's too bad about the car. Your son would have flipped out when he saw that thing waiting for him...I know my three year old would. Now you'll have a Blue Matteo. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm sorry, that was a piss poor PRS joke. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Enjoy your boys first real Christmas! I'm sure he will have a great day regardless. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I have tried that with my wife. "Come on baby let me get this PRS it's Blue Matteo, isn't that cool.", but for some reason she isn't buying it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's true, he would have freaked if this was under the tree when he got up. Cars and planes, this is what he loves.

Comment

What's it supposed to be, some sort of Porsche?

Is it....made in China, Vince? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah it's alittle Porsche Cayenne. Found out it comes from france. Is it made there? I don't know..

Comment

Shipping with UPS is nothing but a stinking nightmare. In your case, someone at UPS should have gathered up their nuts and contacted you saying "uhm, we phucked up." But you know what, they don't give a rat's ass because they know people are going to continue to use their pathetic service.

As for shipping guitars, to ensure their utmost safety, you have to wrap the guitar itself in bubble wrap, then fill any "extra" space inside the case with packing, then wrap the entire outside of the case in bubble wrap, then cram foam, peanuts, The New York Times, and your child's stuffed animals inside the box, then use 1/2 mile of packing tape to add rigidity to the box. Upon completion, fix a cocktail and then pray to the shipping gods that what you did was sufficient. Yea, shipping guitars is a blast!

Hey UPS, :finger:
                    "POOP"

Comment

Check these guys out - they're even in Texas.

http://www.kidswheels.com/index.cfm

[ QUOTE ]
                      We Specialize in Peg Perego Kids Ride On Toys, Power Wheels Kids Ride on Toys, Fisher Price, Little Tikes, Power Drivers Kids Ride on Toys, Buddy L, Empire, Power Riders, Mercedes SL, <font color="red">Porsche Cayenne</font>, BMW Z4, Honda Mini Moto bike, My First Wheels, Mercedes 300 SL, Xcooter, Feber, AMAV, Pines, Hedstrom, Kids Cars,Ferrari F1, Porshe 911, Enzo Ferrari, Little Tikes Train, Toys Toys, Safty 1st, Pedal Cars,STEP-2 Ride on Toys, TCV Kids Ride on Toys, Porshe Boxter, Gator, and other Kids Riding Toy Brands. KidsWheels features a full line of Kids battery powered electric ride on vehicles, cars, pocket bikes, Kids battery powered electric toy cars, kids cars, Kids ride on trucks, Kids ride toy Quads, Pedal Cars, Big Toy, Big Wheel, Jeeps, John Deere Gator, Honda Minimoto, Winther Tricycles, John Deere Worksite Gator, Orange County Choppers, Power Wheels Ninja, Gaucho 4.0, Lightning PAC, MX3, John Deere Power Lift Gator, Sponge Bob, John Deere Power Pull, John Deere Tractor, Power Wheels Kawasaki, John Deere End loader, Polaris 600, Polaris 700, Power Wheels, Jeep Wrangler, Formula Cars, Planes, Trains, Toys Toys Mercedes, Toys Toys Porsche, Corvette, Hummer, Peg Perego Gaucho Silver Edition, TCV, Tornado,Toyota, Honda Mini Moto, Volkswagen Majica, Electric Pocket Bike, Toys Toys Volkswagen, Winther Scooters, Pukka Mini Bike, Power Wheels Barbie Volkswagen Dune Bettle, Power Wheels Escalade, Big Wheels, Marx, Toys Toys Audi, Off Road, Luxury and other battery power ride toys.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        This is my second UPS sucks story in the last 2 months, 1st was the Dweezil Charvel, dam box was opened when I got it and guitar case actually slid out and hit the floor whan the guy handed it to me, and this. I think UPS is crossed off my list of places I deal with now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the Dweezil issue is the fault of UPS. Jackson/Charvel, Ibanez, etc. do a shitty job of packing guitars plain and simple - look at what happened to Pat's as well. I heard from others that recently received guitars that were packed poorly. As I posted a week or so ago, I recently recieved an acoustic guitar rattling around in a cardboard box. It had one lousy piece of broken tape on each end.

As for the car, if that box is anything like ones we got for our kids a few years ago then it wasn't packed worth a damn either. We were very lucky. That was another case of an item rattling around loose in the box. And we're talking about a big freakin' box with a big freakin' toy in it. This comes down to the manufacturers, distributors, and dealers all would rather roll the dice than pack stuff like it mattered. I'm sure it's cheaper for them that way in the long run.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I bet that wouldn't have happened to a Chevy.
                          Sorry to hear about the damage but since your kid is only 2-1/2 I am sure that getting a cool gift like that a week or 2 after Christmas won't be the worst thing for him.
                          Maybe they should ship those little toy cars on little toy car carriers driven by little tiny elfs... well.. just a thought anyway.

Comment

That totally sucks man, very sorry. It sucks especially since it's for a kid, they get a kick outta presents like that. DHL people...Companies should all switch over to these guys. My stuff always get there earlier than if I went with the other guys and it always gets there safe. That's all we use to ship stuff at my store now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Check these guys out - they're even in Texas.

http://www.kidswheels.com/index.cfm

[ QUOTE ]
                              We Specialize in Peg Perego Kids Ride On Toys, Power Wheels Kids Ride on Toys, Fisher Price, Little Tikes, Power Drivers Kids Ride on Toys, Buddy L, Empire, Power Riders, Mercedes SL, <font color="red">Porsche Cayenne</font>, BMW Z4, Honda Mini Moto bike, My First Wheels, Mercedes 300 SL, Xcooter, Feber, AMAV, Pines, Hedstrom, Kids Cars,Ferrari F1, Porshe 911, Enzo Ferrari, Little Tikes Train, Toys Toys, Safty 1st, Pedal Cars,STEP-2 Ride on Toys, TCV Kids Ride on Toys, Porshe Boxter, Gator, and other Kids Riding Toy Brands. KidsWheels features a full line of Kids battery powered electric ride on vehicles, cars, pocket bikes, Kids battery powered electric toy cars, kids cars, Kids ride on trucks, Kids ride toy Quads, Pedal Cars, Big Toy, Big Wheel, Jeeps, John Deere Gator, Honda Minimoto, Winther Tricycles, John Deere Worksite Gator, Orange County Choppers, Power Wheels Ninja, Gaucho 4.0, Lightning PAC, MX3, John Deere Power Lift Gator, Sponge Bob, John Deere Power Pull, John Deere Tractor, Power Wheels Kawasaki, John Deere End loader, Polaris 600, Polaris 700, Power Wheels, Jeep Wrangler, Formula Cars, Planes, Trains, Toys Toys Mercedes, Toys Toys Porsche, Corvette, Hummer, Peg Perego Gaucho Silver Edition, TCV, Tornado,Toyota, Honda Mini Moto, Volkswagen Majica, Electric Pocket Bike, Toys Toys Volkswagen, Winther Scooters, Pukka Mini Bike, Power Wheels Barbie Volkswagen Dune Bettle, Power Wheels Escalade, Big Wheels, Marx, Toys Toys Audi, Off Road, Luxury and other battery power ride toys.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually contacted them, unfortunately they didn't have anything in stock. We were very flexible in other styles, just nothing was in. They did tell us that the company that makes these is notorious for bad packing. So who know whos fault it is.

Well FAO Schwarz, gave us an option we could send it back, or we could keep it, get a big discount, and get a new one at a discount when they become available. Being that this is what we really wanted to give, we decided to keep it. At the end of the day he is only 2 1/2, and I guarantee, he won't notice the side of the car. He'll just notice he got a car, and be happy with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X