King Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Kong

went and saw this today. pretty good flick. didn't live up to the hype of course. The biggest porblem I had with it was the final scene after he died. I liked how the 1980 version ended better than this one. Peter Jackson did an excellent job of giving him a lot of personality. The scenes of him kicking some ass on some t-rex's was pretty cool. I'd say wait for the dvd.

Re: King Kong

I enjoyed it on the big screen. The 70's version had a sadder ending I thought. The fight scenes did kick ass.

Comment

yeah the old version had a much better ending

Comment

We just got home from seeing it.It was okay,kinda long.Great special effects.................
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

great special effects? the whole thing is effects, nothing special about them anymore. LOL
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Leaving in about 10 minutes to go see it actually.

Matt

Comment

See the "Real King Kong" from the '30's maybe '40's, but who's counting. Any remake of a "classsic movie", by defintion, sucks. I saw the '70's Kong. Piece of shit. I will not see the new "Kong" for three reasons. 1: It costs $10.00; 2: There is no way it can be as good as the original; and 3 "I HATE COMPUTER GRAPHICS WITH A PASSION. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

funny enough the 70's kong was on the box tonight-i fucking turned it over as soon as it came on!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  funny enough the 70's kong was on the box tonight-i fucking turned it over as soon as it came on!

[/ QUOTE ] See a clear version of the orignal "KONG" and I guarantee you, you will cry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I saw it tonight and thought it was excellent. Long but excellent. Probably the best remake ever.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      they had the original on here the other night. Didn't watch it to the end though, but only because it was 1.30am & I had to be up for work in the morning. Otherwise, that Fay Wray was a bit alright! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I figured it was a wait for the DVD movie based on the preview I saw on Leno.
                        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Is it really 3.5 hours long?
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Seen the "Real King Kong" from the '30's maybe '40's, but who's counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had theaters when you were in college ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Is it really 3.5 hours long?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 hours 7 minutes

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0360717/
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X