• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: King Kong

[ QUOTE ]
    I liked how the 1980 version ended

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It was good. The begining was way too long. You could miss 15 minutes of the beging and not miss a damn thing.

Matt

Comment

Did he step on a native and eat one?? Those scenes were removed from the original.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Did he step on a native and eat one?? Those scenes were removed from the original.

[/ QUOTE ] I just saw it on TCM the other day and the native stomping and eating was in full effect boooyyiiieee. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This original version was released four times between 1933 and 1952, and each release saw the cutting of additional scenes. Though many of the outtakes (including the censored sequence in which Kong peels off Fay Wray's clothes) were restored in 1971, one cut scene has never been found. It is the clip in which Kong shakes four sailors off a log bridge, causing them to fall into a ravine where they are eaten alive by giant spiders. When the movie (with spider sequence intact) was previewed in San Bernardino, California, in late January 1933, members of the audience screamed and either left the theatre or talked about the grisly sequence throughout the remainder of the film. Said the film's producer, Merian C. Cooper, "It stopped the picture cold, so the next day back at the studio, I took it out myself."

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

More 1933 trivia:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0024216/trivia

Comment

re-living your days of youth Ron ?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                I liked how the 1980 version ended

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] well excuse me. I was just a little kid man. ok 1976.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  Seen the "Real King Kong" from the '30's maybe '40's, but who's counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had theaters when you were in college ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Very funny. But when I was kid you could see a movie for 35 cents. When I was a teen, I could buy gas for 29 cents a gallon not an ounce. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And my BA from Cal State University was damn near "FREE". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

More info on cut scenes from the 1933 film:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0024216/alternateversions

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Is it really 3.5 hours long?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 hours 7 minutes

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0360717/

[/ QUOTE ] And that was just the "sex" scene. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                      X