Kings X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings X

Saw them in Houston last night. Great show, to many cigarette smokers. Other than that, good times. Talked with and got autographs from them and the members of Mardo, a really fun band to watch. It was the last show on the tour, in front of a home town crowd(for Kings X), so the show went late and they were there for everyone at the end. Class act for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Re: Kings X

the openers were called Marlo, not Mardo.That bass player needs to have his Jimmy Page effects away from him, he wouldnt leave that antenna alone all night.

Kings Played here about a month ago, great show as usual.

Comment

Man, I love King's X. I would love to see them again but they never make the trek up here.

I met Doug once and he was very cool and gracious with his time. He is one of my favorite singers of all time and, by far, my favorite bassist. His tone and style are just massive. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Dude, i'd give my left nut to meet............Oh, sorry Jimmy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah, those guys are cool and take the time to meet fans.

Saw George Lynch last week, he was charging $50 to meet him, so rediculous.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Dude, i'd give my left nut to meet............Oh, sorry Jimmy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Dickhead. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

$50.00 just to meet him? gonna give him a little heat on that one whenever i am lucky enough to meet him again next.
            that's a little over the top if you ask me.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              the openers were called Marlo, not Mardo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I thought they were fun to watch. And the band is called Mardo, after the brothers Robert and Aaron.
              www.mardomusic.com
              The Buzzard does not fear
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone
              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

you say mardo, i say marlo, lets call the whole thing off ..............lol. I thought the shirts said Marlo. I cant believe Im wrong.hahaha

Yep Tommy 50 bucks, 80 for couples.....the rest of the band was free.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Dickhead. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it something i said ?

Comment

Glad to see some fellow KX fans! Definitely one of my faves along w/ Dream Theater. They have not played here in FL for TOO LONG! Hope that changes soon.

Giles

Comment

Last time I saw them, they played for close to 3 hours. Sounded great, even though Doug was battling the flu or something. Got to talk with Ty afterwards. He's very cool, and funny. Got to see them around 87-88 when they toured with Hurricane. Didn't even know who they were then, but they've been a fav since.
                      www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Last time I saw them was almost 2 years ago up at a little bar in Toronto. The place was so small the guys had to walk through the crowd to get to the stage (no backstage at all!). It was also very hot for Toronto, and with no AC it was about 110 degrees during the show. Needless to say everyone was sweating up a storm. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

After the show the guys hung out at the merch table, and I was able to chat w/ Ty & Jerry a bit. Nice guys for sure. Ty promised me they would come to FL soon as I razzed him that I had to travel to Canada from FL just to see them. Needless to say I'm still waiting. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Giles

Comment

Working...
                        X