MTA Transit Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTA Transit Strike

Hey I was thinking about you while watching the news. Good to hear you're dealing with it.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yah...drinkin and playing guitar at home. I'm dealing with it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Gonna go to the gym a little later to kill more time

Comment

Maybe you can read through the dictionary [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ass: any of several mammals in the genus Equus, esp. E. asinus, the donkey. It can live on a smaller quantity and coarser quality of food than a horse, can carry heavy burdens over uneven ground, has been domesticated since ancient times. By mating the horse with the she-ass, the hybrid hinndy is produced. The jackass and mare produce the mule, which is larger and more useful than the hinny//a stupid person TO MAKE AN ASS OUT OF ONESELF, to do something foolish.

Well, that's A covered. On to B!

Comment

I'm reading through this old dictionary I've had since the 70's, there's some crazy stuff in here. I remember in high school we found a dictionary from WAY back in the day and it described the word "black" as evil, a dark skinned negro, and some other really bad descriptions. Some dude in my class took a photo, made it a slide, and projected it on the wall. We then made one of our friends (black dude) stand against the wall so the definition was across his chest and he photographed him. I think he won first prize in one of the photo contests our school entered every year.

Why the hell am I reading the dictionary...damnit Ron! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the workers are sending a message to get us all to wake up. Who is going to pay for all the benefits that they "deserve"? This is a "big deal". This union has hitched up their balls and will fight it out. They have nothing to lose while it is costing everyone else millions of bucks. That is what strikes are all about. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Pay special attention when you get to D

Comment

I wish that our public transportation here, was like the bigger cities. Yeah, it's chaotic, and maybe if I lived there, I wouldn't want it, but I hate driving everywhere.

They give every fucking retard fresh into highschool a car and say "go get'm".

Comment

Stick it to the MTA and buy a car
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ahh, you think that's a viable form of revenge, but trying to get across town in a car in the middle of rush hour and you may as well forget it. I moved here to Chicago about 5 years ago and after the first 7 months, I got rid of my car because I was paying for something I wasn't using.

Living and working in the city is a way of life for some people and public transportation is a big part of that life. You'd be amazed how much a good transportation system becomes part of your daily life. Before my wife moved to Chicago, I used Amtrak to visit her. I used a commuter train to go see my parents in NW Indiana. When I went to NAMM in Anaheim, I studied their public transportation system in the event I had to use it. (same for Nashville, though theirs was pretty much non-existent)
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Pay special attention when you get to D

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll definitely do that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                        Stick it to the MTA and buy a car

[/ QUOTE ]

The MTA system is great (one or two days in 25 years ain't bad), no need for me to pay these insane insurance costs. But when I do move down south, yah, I'll take the plunge and go mobile.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Ahh, you think that's a viable form of revenge, but trying to get across town in a car in the middle of rush hour and you may as well forget it. I moved here to Chicago about 5 years ago and after the first 7 months, I got rid of my car because I was paying for something I wasn't using.

Living and working in the city is a way of life for some people and public transportation is a big part of that life. You'd be amazed how much a good transportation system becomes part of your daily life. Before my wife moved to Chicago, I used Amtrak to visit her. I used a commuter train to go see my parents in NW Indiana. When I went to NAMM in Anaheim, I studied their public transportation system in the event I had to use it. (same for Nashville, though theirs was pretty much non-existent)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yah man, there's NO WAY in hell I could use a car to commute everyday, even if I wanted to. The city is crazy as it is, and if I had to travel from the upper east side to the lower east side then go back to Brooklyn by car everyday I'd spend more time and gas money than if I took the train. Honestly, the only thing ya need a car for in the city is to impress a chick or if your the designated driver, and that one ain't happening with me. And when it comes to impressing a chick, well I just get her drunk and pull out my metrocard and that's the night [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then that's by design of the MTA and those in the city guvmint who reap the profits of the mass transit system. You think they were honestly worried about traffic jams and such? Nope. It's all about the Bennies. They knew waaaaaaay back then that individual vehicles doesn't generate as much revenue as a public trans system.
                            One person buys a car and can carry up to 15 people at once (large vans and such). One person pays insurance, one person pays for gas, one person pays the road tax.
                            However, with a mass transit system, each of those 15 people pays individually. While it's an admittedly smaller amount than even splitting the costs associated with the personal vehicle among 15 people, on the larger scale (read: if everybody did it) the city loses more money that way.
                            More specifically, the city officials have less money to stuff in their pockets.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

its fuckin sucks, i just gave up the company van last week & im glad. NYC is a fuckin parking lot for cars today, & will be till the strike is over. 2 hours to go 6 blocks, accross town. its gonna take me 4 hours to get to work tomorrow, & even longer to get home. the MTA are morons, & have no support from most NYers, due to there BS theyve pulled in the past. finding a billion $ surplus after raising rates due to lack of funds, they made no conscessions in the budget for any raises or increases of benefits for employees. 5 yrs no cost of living raises, for transit workers. The city is getting what it deserves IMHO its too bad it effects all of us workers. & they chose the best time to do it tourist/shopping season its gonna have a huge impact on NYC, approx $400mill a day. half the store on 8th ave didnt even open today thats huge.

Comment

Those guys are making a huge point and it will only cost them a mil a day. This is just the start of the management take-aways that will really hit us. The airlines are a luxury for the most part. Urban transit hits it us on the head. Unions have been shaved down to almost nothing. These guys are going for the fence. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X