Attn: Hot Sauce lovers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attn: Hot Sauce lovers!

I have a bottle in the fridge-Got turned on a few years ago-great in noodles, white rice, chicken stir fry,ect,ect

Also try Mae Ploy its a sweet sauce-not the least bit hot- but its good to dip chicken breast in-if you eat a lot of chicken breast its another way.

Also far as salsa goes herdez in the can rocks the fresh salsa-good on anything-Its a fresh salsa they must just blanch it and pack it rocks-especially on eggs

Comment

In have a bottle of Vietnamese (i think) chili sauce in the fridge that I use all the time. I just went and checked, and it is indeed Sriracha. It is especially good on stir-fry with bean sprouts, or just on a cheese sandwich. I also have it on burgers, and hotdogs.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        "Sriracha" sauce is absolutely to die for. You may have tried it in an asian restaraunt, but if not you'd better get some and give it a shot. Don't think of Asian food only, this stuff is great in mexican dishes or about a zillion other foods.

[/ QUOTE ]
        right on bro, that shit rocks. I use it in hot and sour soup all the time.

actually, the secret to Sriracha is the garlic. it's massively infused with garlic, and that makes it great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the garlic is what makes it soooo good. I love it on fish tacos. BTW, I've been trying to get my wife to call it "cock sauce" but she just won't cooperate. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I like to mix it w/ BBQ sauce for ribs or chicken
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I need to see if I can find the Huyfong. I've got a bottle of some very mediocre Sriracha right now. Too sweet & not enough garlic. My wife used to work with a Thai lady who gave me a huge bottle of Sriracha that was so amazing. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] It was thicker than ketchup, loaded with garlic, and almost as hot as some of the hotter habanero sauces I've had. I haven't been able to find it in stores & forgot the name, but I'd recognize the label.

Comment

Mark's sauce (hot sauce, you pervs) has spoiled me. I have no interest in any commercial crap.

Viva Mark! Viva Mark's sauce! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Been using Sriracha (LOL! Never knew the name - I always called it chicken sauce LOL!) for a long time. I have a bottle in the fridge.

It's ok. sweet and hot. But I prefer traditional hot sauces with cyanne (sp?), vinegar and salt.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  JCF Chicken?? You'll have to pass that recipe around [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I found the rough recipe...I think it was for 4 Chicken breasts. I called it JCF chicken because I made it using the JCF Sauce. I tend to make up stuff as I go along and I don't measure so if you don't like it I will blame it on your interpretation of my recipe. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sprinkle the Chicken breasts with Chili Powder and Adobo Seasoning
                  Heat the pan with EVOO cook the chicken (6 to 8 min)
                  Put the chicken in the over to keep it warm

Chop 1 red bell pepper into ~1/4 inch strips
                  Mince 1 garlic clove
                  chop 1 green onion
                  Cook the bell pepper in the same pan as the chicken (add more EVOO)
                  Sprinkle bell pepper with adobo seasoning and salt Sqeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lemon (I think I let it cook for a bit. Until they started to get flexible.)
                  Add garlic
                  Add onion
                  Add ~ 1 cup picante sauce (I used pace medium)
                  Add JCF sauce for kick! (amount depends on you)
                  Let it simmer for a few minutes

Plate the chicken
                  Scoop out the sauce on the chicken
                  Shred pepper jack cheese over the whole thing and let it melt a bit.

I liked it and my wife liked it. I only made it once because I ran out of JCF sauce.

Let me know if you try it and or improve on it.

Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                  X