Better Horror film than "The Exorcist?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Horror film than "The Exorcist?"

I bought the Exorcist a few nights ago, and this movie kicks ass! This is one of the most hardcore fucked-up movies I've ever seen. I mean this 12 year old girl pulling her pants down and taunting the priest to fuck her and stabbing herself with a cross while saying things like "Christ is a bastard!". Anybody know of a scarier movie?

Re: Better Horror film than \"The Exorcist?\"

You should look into some Argento movies.

Profondo Rosso(Deep Red)
    Suspiria and pretty much whatever else you can find by him.

Also Saw and Saw II are two recent ones that I really liked. These might not be literally horror movies as there are not demons and shit, but I think realistic stuff is more exciting anyways.

Comment

There's 2 prequals to the exorcist. The one that was released and the one that was ditched by the studio and only released on DVD. Dominion is the best of the 2, actually I thought "The Beginning" was lame and not scary. Shitty makeup on the demon. Dominion just had a better story.

Other than The Exorcist, I still get chills with The Omen flicks.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Nothing will ever top that movie. It wasn't gory scary (blood and guts) it was the concept. Well... I still can't look at Linda Blair without thinking of the make up they had her in! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Scariest movie I ever saw was My Best Friend's Wedding. I still have nightmares about the time my wife made me watch that.

Comment

I was a teenager in the 70's when that came out and I remember my father wouldn't let me see it (yeah, right).

Was one of the scariest movies I've seen, but I think Nightmare on Elm Street freaked me out more when it first came out.
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I haven't seen a better horror movie than the Exorcist. I hated the sequels and the prequels. Complete waste of time.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

My Father took me to see that flick when I was nine in '73...the line was around the block. I went to a Catholic school ..very "old school" fire and brimstone mentality, nuns with yardsticks whackin' ya on the head!...so to me this was REAL..this is NO "boogie man" ..it was THE DEVIL!

I was traumatized!...I went home and filled my squirt gun with holy water and kept a pocket bible next to my bed...I could have sworn my bed moved..it probably did ..it was a bunk bed.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Needless to say the devil and I became best friends since, he's not so bad...that is the christian view of Satan..that movie inspired a major boost in the Christian belief system...churches were packed!

to be honest ..per "The Book"...Satan or demons can NOT possess a human without the permission of God..

bottom line ...yeah that was the scariest movie for me AT THAT TIME...now it's a comedy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This weekend ..I'm going to rent the possession of Emily Rose...I can't wait to see it..based on a "true" story"..focused on a murder trial of a preist who performed an excorcism on a 19 year college student in 1979, killing her in the process....cool! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

a great book is called "Hostage to the Devil"..by preist Malachi Martin performed five documented cases of excorcism...worldwide.

BTW...my sig is my law! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The Texas Chainsaw Masacre to me is much more brutal of a movie...and still is!

If you want DISTURBING...find the movie Begotten....it's like a bad acid trip in black and white...VERY graphic! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Scream 2 is the scariest movie ever made.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

My parents took me to the drive with them when they went to see it. I was like five and I guess they thought I would pass out and not watch. Fuckin wrong, just the sound of her voice and the stuff the priest recorded was scarry as shit. Even if you didnt watch the movie you could not get away from the voices.

Comment

The original Amityville Horror was scary for me because I lived about 10 minutes from the house.
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I think they should do a prequel for Amityville. The story about the murders is pretty interesting.

Comment

There was a made for TV movie back in the 70's called "Don't be afraid of the dark"..that RULED!!!

scared the crap outta me.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This chick's husband leaves on a business trip...and these demonic little trolls come out at night after her...they lived bricked up in the chimney of this old house...they end up taking her at the end..so it wasn't a happy ending...I hate happy endings in a horror film..I like to leave with the feeling of "Oh Fuck" after the movie..

the Jeepers Creeper movies are pretty cool..for modern horror stuff...I didn't like Saw , the Ring , or any of that shit...all that stuff is gay IMO..all those movies just look like a Ozzy or Marilyn Manson Video to me...100% American CHEEZE food like substance!

haven't seen The Devil's Rejects yet...is it better than Zombie's first one?
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            There was a made for TV movie back in the 70's called "Don't be afraid of the dark"..that RULED!!!

scared the crap outta me.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that one, too! Seeing that as a kid kept me up at night for a while. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] There was another TV movie called SSSSSSSSSSssssssss about this mad scientist studying snakes who experiments on his lab assistants & slowly turns them into snakes. Totally cheesy, but it scared the crap out of me back then.

The thing about The Exorcist is that it seems to be much more scary for people with more of a religious upbringing. It scared me to death, but my wife's been an atheist for most of her life & she thinks it's funny & kind of stupid. I really want to see Suspiria. Lots of people have said it's one of the scariest things they've ever seen, with no letup at all.

Comment

I say "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Just came out on DVD. Definitely worth renting.
                              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                              X