Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the hardest or difficut song to learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was the hardest or difficut song to learn?

Right now, Far Beyond the Sun (though I've put it away for a while), and Scarified by Racer X are the two things I'm having a difficult time with at the moment. My sweeping sucks! All Van Halen stuff is difficult to me because of the off the cuff nature of it.

Comment

Re: What was the hardest or difficut song to learn

Apart from the obvious shredding stuff and technical death metal, I find most Opeth songs particularly hard to learn, my hands just dont go in the chord positions!!!

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Right now, Far Beyond the Sun (though I've put it away for a while), and Scarified by Racer X are the two things I'm having a difficult time with at the moment. My sweeping sucks! All Van Halen stuff is difficult to me because of the off the cuff nature of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes you really appreciate what a great rythym player he was.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Even taking all the technical leaps that guitar playing has experienced since the release of VH1 in to consideration, Edward ranks up there with the best of any generation. No one has ever been able to match the "touch" that he has. That loose but technical way he plays is something to behold.

Comment

The final countdown-Europe

The Kazoo part is much harder then you think

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Landslide--- Fleetwood Mac

Holy crap... Lindsey Buckingham is good!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!

Try "Go Your Own Way". Great solo, especially The Dance version.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone ever tried Robert Plant's "Ship of Fools" man that one kills me.

Comment

The song I had the most trouble with back when I was actually really serious about guitar was "Take No Prisoners" by Megadeth. The speed riff in the beginning was such a damn pain in the ass. Alot of Iced Earth songs are hard to, Dante's Inferno is a hell of an endurance test particularly. But I had the most trouble with the songs from Stormrider. Path I Choose, Desert Rain, Travels in Stygian and Angel's Holocaust all can be pretty demanding. Leads generally give me less trouble that riffs. I am definitely more of a lead guitarist.

Comment

oh yeah, that's for sure chris, iced earth definitely demands a LOT of endurance. their stuff isn't very difficult per se, but try playing those gallops for 1 hour straight...no way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] schaffer definitely is a monster rhythm player.

Comment

For years its been the opening to "Im the one" from Van Halen 1.I still have trouble with it.Those open triplets kill my co-ordination.
                      "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

I bet you're making it harder than it has to be played possibly.
                        it's just a groove with a really sick timeing chug on the A string that, which you will attain if you stop worrying about sweeps, and string skipping (not knocking these technbiques, hell they are fun as fukk!!!!)but, there's nothing like blues and gazongo tank like chord voicings that put a hole in any ones garage. I can't wait to blow your Doors down with my Marshalls Professor ".?.." the fruitkook from 7-11 Jud what's his face. i know Reinholdt.
                        anyway, i gotta fly, get that picking and hammering in the I'm the one tune, and you're on to greatness, heights that you've never yanked out of your gutiar yet. it's a good felling. keep going.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I just Totally got what Tommy's Talking about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Anything Malmsteen is tough
                            Anything Macalpine is really tough
                            Playing Uli Jon Roth perfectly is impossible. Especially his Electric Sun stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything Vai is tough. I've seen guys pull off Malmsteen but I've never seen anyone pull off Vai.

My toughest song was More Than A Feeling by Boston since it was the first real song I learned.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hitting Drop Dead Legs perfect is Unpossible for me
                              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Any Steve Morse's stuff is IMPOSSIBLE!

Fong

Comment

Working...
                                X