Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPSON Stylus CX4800 printer software - HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPSON Stylus CX4800 printer software - HELP!!!

I have an Epson Stylus CX4800 all-in-one. I've never had this problem before. I only noticed it tonight when trying to print various things. The Epson Status Monitor doesn't seem to be working properly, and I cannot tell how much ink I have left in my cartridges. This particular printer doesn't have a digital screen on it that tells me the remaining ink levels either. Here are two screenshots of what happens when I hit File > Print > Properties in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...misc/adobe.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...isc/msword.jpg

In Acrobat, the ink tank level graphics are whited out. In Word, they are grayed out.

I uninstalled the drivers I have, and downloaded the latest drivers for my Windows XP machine (non-64-bit) here:

http://epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/support/...latform=Windows

But still no change.

Any help you can provide would be very highly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: EPSON Stylus CX4800 printer software - HELP!!!

how old are the ink cartridges? they may have dried up if you left them long enough....

Comment

I only last used the printer about two weeks ago. I've gone longer periods without printing before. The Status Monitor worked properly two weeks ago and doesn't work tonight. The actual printouts are fine as always, though, so obviously the inks haven't dried up. Drying up takes a LONG time, and to prevent it, it is advised to print a couple of pages every few weeks or so, so I know it's not that. I just want my Status Monitor back. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The ink cartridges themselves are probably a month old. They came with the printer, also a month old. It was a replacement for a defective Epson Stylus CX4600 that I sent back to Epson Canada last month.

I just figured it's a software problem. My brother has the same thing on his Epson printer as well, but he's got a digital display on the printer itself that tells him the different ink levels.

Comment

hmmm, I was thinking maybe if they had dried up, it might have caused a bad reading/malfunction in the status monitor...
        [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm sure you have but, did you Un-install and re-install the complete software package and printer itself? I'd remove it all and try from scratch.

Have you turned off everything and restarted the printer and PC?

I have a CX6600 at work. So far it hasn't done anything odd.

Comment

Burn, I've had the accidental misfortune of letting the inks dry up before... the Status Monitor reads the ink as if it were still a liquid. I'll NEVER let that happen again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Somehow, the problem corrected itself in Microsoft Word, and the Status Monitor is restored. However, I'm still having the same problem as last night when I'm using Adobe Acrobat.

The only thing I had uninstalled and reinstalled was the drivers, but I'll try it with the software package and printer.

Thanks for the advice so far and I'll update again when I've tried Cleveland's advice. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a problem with my Epson similar to that. I removed the USB in device manager and rebooted it and it came back to life.

Matt

Comment

Working...
              X