Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what does everyone think about trampolines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what does everyone think about trampolines?

We've been considering getting one for quite a while. I'm certain our kids would love it, especially our oldest. The one thing holding us back is all the stuff we've read about possible injuries.

Personally, I've never known of anyone seriously injured on a trampoline. The daughter of a friend of ours broke her arm, but there were like 5 kids on a trampoline and she got "double bounced". IMO, the problem wasn't the trampoline, it was the 5 kids on it at once.

Just looking for some other viewpoints. Thanks all [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: So what does everyone think about trampolines?

As the owner of a physical therapy clinic for 10 years, we have never had a patient sent to us from injuries suffered on a trampoline. Are they dangerous? Yes. Riding a bike can be dangerous. "Living" can be dangerous.

Personally, I'd rather see a kid get "supervised" exercise rather than plop their unsupervised big butt in front of an XBOX.
    "POOP"

Comment

sure, you've never personally seen or known a person injured on a trampoline, but how many people do you know with trampolines in the first place? Not many. For good reason.

It's not worth it. If you have doubt now, can you live with yourself for the rest of your life if something permanent and bad happens, knowing that you had reservations from the beginning?

I had a pogo-stick - a good one. fun, more safe, a little outside the box. not an ugly lawn sore.
      www.WarCurse.com

Comment

There are a few things I think of when I think of trampolines.
        1. the big dead spot in the lawn when you have to remove that big circular "dust bunny"
        2. all the neighborhood kids that seem to appear on you property that you are NOW REPONSIBLE FOR!!!

Comment

My kids want one badly, but I won't do it for two reasons.

The first is the potential injuries to my kids.

The second is potential injuries to OTHER kids. If it's on your property, that spells lawsuit, brother.

Comment

Broken collarbone and 2 pins in my left shoulder...granted your kids probably wont be doing back flips drunk off their ass...but yeah they can be dangerous.Lots of fun but as many others have said the fun is outweighed by the potential for injury and legal action.

Comment

i have been fighting that same battle for a few years also. i don't want to deal with chance of injuries with their friends getting crazy on it. one of my kids friend has one and after the first few weeks it is now a big leaf catcher cause the thrill is gone.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

ahh the trampoline. We would move ours by the side of our house and jump off the roof onto the trampoline when we were little. I tried the same thing a few months ago and... lets just say I found out I am too big for the trampoline now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                They can be a lot of fun if you use common sense I guess. They can be very dangerous if you are not careful.
                Germandeth was dead on.. it is a good form of recreation and exercise for kids as long as they are properly supervised.

If you do have more than one person at a time, make sure they are similar in weight. You dont want big fat johnny bouncing skinny little billy around. Billy will get hurt!
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

My wife wanted us to get one. We didn't. It was one of the few arguments I've actually won. Here's were my points:

1) What do you do with the thing in the winter?
                  2) Huge dead spot in the lawn.
                  3) Risk of injuries to our kids.
                  4) Us having dozens of neighborhood kids over on a regular basis.
                  5) Us being responsible for the neighborhood kids, because their parents never come over and help supervise.
                  6) Neighborhood kids getting injured, and us getting sued by the parents who never come over and help supervise their kids.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I made it a point to stop Dating Tramps years ago.............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I made it a point to stop Dating Tramps years ago.............

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">ah yes, always a thought provoking statement from Dave..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

We just bought our second never had a problem-obviously you have to have rules and if they don't follow them then they don't get to play

And shit you just leave them out in the winter its a trampeline not a prized possession

You also have a place for it like sand or gravel then you don't have to mow around it-

Kids get hurt thats part of life-one has broke two arms an another an arm, but not on the tramp-screwing around in the house. Get one let your kids have some fun-I had to laugh reading a few of these posts, so I guess bicycles are out for some of your kids to-glad I didn't grow up like that(being a mamas boy), it would suck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I broke my leg on a friend's when I was a kid, I think it was the day summer vacation began hehe.

There were probably about 8 of us on it at the time though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I say you'll be fine as long as you make it a rule not to have more than, say, 4 kids on it at a time.

Make their parents sign a waiver or something saying they won't sue you if someone gets hurt, broken bone, etc [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's ridiculous what some people do (sue) for money nowadays, I just went to the hospital and was stuck in a cast all summer... what a bummer.

Comment

And now GIRLS JUMPING ON TRAMPOLINES !!!!!!!!

Matt

Comment

half of my right arm went through my friend jane's kitchen window. her parents were away and i guess we had gotten a wee bit out of hand. thank god we were on mescaline and a quart of smirnof 100. the lucky pull out on the landing technique was key to not having to go to the hospital. three hours later, Jane appeared to have turned into a gorilla, so when she would run at us to flush us out of the kitchen we would flip out and scream "run for your lives!!!" I then fell into this abyss that never ended it seemed like. i feel dowm 14 steps of stairs down onto the cement floor, only to end in the wine cellar on my back, bleeding profusely, and laughing like i never had before.
                              my friend L'arraine butterfleid up my chin, i got home at 7:45 , and was woken upo by a phone call that i had to play my 2nd round match by 12 or i would have to forfeit.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X