Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what does everyone think about trampolines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what does everyone think about trampolines?

[ QUOTE ]
    I honestly doubt any kind of home-made waiver/disclaimer would hold up in court if you got sued.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna bet? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    "POOP"

Comment

My sis bought a HUGE caged in monstrosity..

ThEY SUCK...

two reasons..

Spinal Cord injury

and they look terrific in the backyard....NOT!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think every mobile home should have one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

The trailer park I drive by has more trapolines per capital than any neighborhood I have been in..................

Comment

my friend bought one to get into shape over summer. After jumping for 10 minutes, the novelty wore off and we all felt kinda sick. Back in the box it went.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I honestly doubt any kind of home-made waiver/disclaimer would hold up in court if you got sued.

Wanna bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you have the yard fenced with big "No Tresspassing" signs all over it. I'll bet you could be held liable. If nothing else it will cost you some damn big money to defend yourself against a minor who was just paralized on your tramp! You better get a big umbrella policy! I've seen this shit happen.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I think every mobile home should have one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

The trailer park I drive by has more trapolines per capital than any neighborhood I have been in..................

[/ QUOTE ] When I was a kid (196-) they had a "Trap' Park" with six/ten trampolines. I am such a risk adverse person, I saw the danger at the ripe old age of 10. Have an ambulance in the driveway for, at least, the first two weeks.They wll get bored with it. Then you can paint a big picture of the sun on the top and start a new religion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Unless you have the yard fenced with big "No Tresspassing" signs all over it. I'll bet you could be held liable. If nothing else it will cost you some damn big money to defend yourself against a minor who was just paralized on your tramp! You better get a big umbrella policy! I've seen this shit happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way laws used to be. I used to pay out the ass for multi-million dollar umbrella policies because I had an inground swimming pool. That is no longer the case. If a facility or item is fenced, the owner is no longer responsible if someone crawls over the fence and drowns, breaks their neck, whatever.

Granted, this may vary by state, but I can only speak for Louisiana.
                "POOP"

Comment

You don't even have to have a fenced yard. As long as the kids that are there are there with the parents permission and they sign the waiver, you are off the hook. Now, if you don't have a fenced yard, and someone comes there w/o your permission and gets hurt, you are still not liable, because they are tresspassing, and you DON'T have to have it posted for it to be illegal.

Comment

My old nieghbors had one. There 3 year old got his leg broken on one. His brother and there friends were on it and they landed on him.... I guess if it is a one at a time thing and you have the net around it and you are going to watch them it is ok. Obviously that is not the procedure that was followed with the earlier story.

Kids are going to get hurt. I got hurt plenty as a kid on bikes and dirt bikes and everything.

My 7 yr old rides a quad and I worry but I also teach him how to ride and ride safe. If you are going to teach them and watch them then I say go for it. If you are going to throw them in the backyard and go have a few beers in front of the TV then....

Comment

Well, I didn't read all the replies...but, I had one growing up, and my kids have one. They teach awesome balance and agility. I'm 34 yrs old and can walk on my hands as well as other neat, useless tricks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] When I saw "quadperson's" screenname, I immediately thought "oh shit, we're gonna get blasted by some guy in a wheelchair that was injured in a trampoline accident."
                        "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

Wanna bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all a matter of the lawyers. You can have your house get broken into, your dog bites the guy breaking into your house or he gets injured in any way while in your house and the burglar can sue you and you lose your house.

Matt

Comment

Quad.."Well, I didn't read all the replies...but, I had one growing up, and my kids have one. They teach awesome balance and agility. I'm 34 yrs old and can walk on my hands as well as other neat, useless tricks."

Yeah, but can you do "cock push ups"...like Tenacious D says...all you have to do is one! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I would "assume" that the same liabilties and legistics would apply to a swiming pool..depends on your city codes and ordinances and whatnots.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Kimmel and Corolla ruled..that show was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X