Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here work in a broadcasting environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here work in a broadcasting environment?

If anyone here works in or has a friend or other contact in the video broadcast profession (TV, whatever) and can order parts from Panasonic Broadcast Parts 1-800-334-4881, I need an AG-B50P ac adaptor/battery charger AND the cable that connects the power supply to the camera.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Anyone here work in a broadcasting environment

Newc

I'm not in the Broadcast business, BUT.........

Can you get what you need here:

http://www.ametron.com/

This place is right down the street from my office and I know that they sell to the BIZ on a regular basis, yet anyone can walk right in too.

If they have what you need and dont ship or can't ship for some reason, let me know and I'll get it for you on Monday.

If not, I can ask a buddy at FOX SPORTS on Monday as well.

Just let me know!

~Happy Holidays~

J.R.
    Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

newc, does it use a standard connector? if so, then you should be able to use any ac adapter that matches the current and voltage requirements and change out the connector.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

JR - Thanks for the link - I've emailed about 10 places, one more can't hurt [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tim - it looks like this:

Panasonic did have a list of individual components you could buy if you searched under the model number of the adaptor, but it looks like they updated their site to show only 3 parts. Calling them is a nightmare unto itself as I get stuck with the chick that can't speak English. Maybe I should press 2 at the language menu and get the white chick that's been taking Spanish instead of pressing 1 and getting the Mexican chick that's been taking English [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, according to the parts list, building the thing would cost about $300 in parts alone, and the "just missed it" sales have it priced at $130, so I can pretty well imagine why it's no longer made [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I did call the Broadcast Parts place, but they asked if it was for Commercial or Personal use. I said "Personal" and they informed me that all they did was supply replacement and repair parts to their Commercial customers (which meant I shoulda said "Commercial" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) so I need someone that can give them a legit company name to call and order me one from them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Or I'll call them again Monday and say "Commercial" and see how that goes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I dunno Newc, those adapters don't look big enough to screw many spikes onto them... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

They'll hold Krylon just fine though [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude..pm me Monday to remind me. I may be able to hook you up. This is the kind of shit I can help a bro with.
              The Buzzard does not fear
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone
              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Coolness. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

i am factory authorized warranty for panasonic broadcast(along with panasonic consumer,pioneer,samsung,rca, etc....)
                  could order it
                  “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Thanks len [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X